• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M205 consistency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M205 consistency?

OK people can you help me out?

I finally stepped up from Ultimate Polish to M205. Well anyway I received it today from Amazon llc.

The consistency seems way to runny. I shook the snot out of it and stuck a screw diver to the bottom expecting solids. No dice.
    Ultimate Polish of course is the hand lotion type while the M205 is like my french vanilla coffee-mate creamer.
    I did do a test spot on the dryer top with a micro fiber rag. It held a bead and I was able to work it down.
    Is it usable or did I break it? I really wanted to give my sisters' Outback the winter prep this weekend.

Thanks

Re: M205 consistency?

Seems like there is another person having the same issue.

Mike Philips says it best in this post here.

I'm trying to correct some issues on a friend's 2005 Rio Yellow S2000. The car was resprayed a year or so back, and aside from some orange peel that w
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks, Mike

Here is a pic for reference.
      Did the UP swab first,didn't move. Then did the M205 and grabbed the phone.

Comment

It doesn't look right.

I'd say it's been exposed to extreme temperatures and/or it's old stock.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Yeah that doesn't look right at all. Should resemble UP. Check your local autoparts store to see if they carry it. I have seen it in my area at Autozone, Pep Boys and even at harbor freight.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Ask amazon to exchange it

Comment

I am not feeling confident in Amazons M205 stock.
              I called themsked for a refund and they e-mailed a return label.
              I ordered it from Auto-geek minutes ago. So when the new one comes in, I will snap right and wrong pics the same way.
              Then send the wrong one back in the box from AG .

Comment

Yeah, I'll agree with the others, that is way too runny. Good to hear that you're getting it taken care of though! Good luck on the Outback!
                Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

I just received the new bottle of M205 today from PBMG.

So the 1st from Amazon is on left in the pics. The right pic is the way we like it.

Comment

Much better. The other one looks too diluted.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');