• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M188 or similar for the US market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M188 or similar for the US market?

Saw some threads on other forums about M188 and wondered if it, or a similar product may be introduced to us? I'm getting part of my car refinished in the near future and once it's cured, I want to apply a coating. Much rather use a Meguiar's product if something may be available. Also, I've not seen much on the durability of M188. Is it similar to other coatings we have available here?

Re: M188 or similar for the US market?

There are several options. If you look for a maximum durability - it's Opti-Coat 2.0 by Optimum Technologies. You may also like their newest product, Opti Gloss, which is easier to apply and it really boosts paint gloss (protection around 2-3 years, depending on vehicle usage). Remember to prepare the paint surface (below/above surface defect removal plus polishing) before paint coating application.

Comment

My old 60 mile daily commute destroyed the front end of my car. SC interstates are getting pretty bad and the worst areas seem to be the last fixed. Got stuck behind a low boy trailer with a bulldozer and you might have well thrown a 5 gallon bucket of crush and run at my front end at 70 mph. What was metallic black is now polka dot black/white and feels like 300 grit on the bumper.

I've been using Opti-Lens for a while so I'm a little familiar with Optimum products. I do like the new Opti-Gloss but still doing my research before I commit to a specific coating. I was hoping Meguiar's would bring M188 over so I could try it first.

Working and flash times may be a problem with certain coatings for where I live. Still a few months from my house being rebuilt so no garage and the weather can be a pain for a few more months too. High 50's to somewhere in the 80's within a few hours now and the humidity fluctuates the same way. I've got cover for application and cure time but its still exposed to temp and humidity fluctuations.

CQUK or Pinnacle Black Label may be my best choices for the time frame I get to apply unless I get lucky and Meguiar's brings M188 over for 2015. Of course I could go film on the hood and bumper then coat the rest but film only lasts so long and more expensive than coating.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');