• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailed 2013 Porsche Cayenne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailed 2013 Porsche Cayenne

I detailed my aunts 2013 Porsche Cayenne in Classic Silver Metallic.

Exterior
    Wash-Ultimate Wash and Wax
    Clay
    D143-Non Acid Wheel Cleaner
    UP
    UW
    Steam cleaned engine
    D161-Silicon Free Dressing on Wheels and lightly on engine bay

Inside
    Vacuum
    Steam clean carpets
    D101-APC wipe down
    Clean all windows

All and all the car was pretty clean. It needed clay treatment as I could feel the surface contaminants (really going to looking into the Nano Skin Autoscruber). The interior was not bad at all. Just needed a vacuum, and then I steam cleaned the carpets and wiped everything down with D101 APC.

Not being in the detail business and just being a weekend hobbyist, this was my first "mobile" job I guess you could say. I took a lot of time Friday putting everything into tubs that I thought I would need. They live about an hour away. About 30 minutes into my drive, I realize I forgot one of my most useful tool. My Speedmaster Wheel Brush I knew those wheels would need it. So I had to rely on the abilities of D163 and the power washer. I did what I could do and will bring my brush with me some other time and give them a wash on the house and get the wheels good.

I don't think the car needed polished and they didn't ask me to do it, but I am still trying to learn some of the skills with the DA and such so I wanted to do it anyways, so I went ahead and did a UP on it. I couldn't personally tell much of a difference in it as I didn't really notice any swirls in the silver, but they may have been there. It did look nice when the sun hit it though, so it couldn't have hurt. It was a long day.

Thanks for looking and as usual any feedback is welcome.

Before shots

The bumper had a small blemish in it that I was able to remove

Wheels

After

2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
    2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
    2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Dude that looks outstanding! IMO Silver paint is probably the least rewarding color but your results are deffinetly noticable as that Porsche looks so smooth & wet. Great job on the carpet as well. That after shot of inside the hatchback looks perfect. Engine looks brand new! You really know how to apply all the good info you've learned to work dude. It shows!

Btw, what kind of sprayer do you use with the D141? And what dillution?

Comment

D161*

Comment

Re: Detailed 2013 Porsche Cayenne

Nice job. It came out great. You don't get that wow factor with silver and white. If there is metal flake in the paint then that adds some pizazz.

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
        Dude that looks outstanding! IMO Silver paint is probably the least rewarding color
        I'm going to have to throw white out there as well.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Dude that looks outstanding! IMO Silver paint is probably the least rewarding color but your results are deffinetly noticable as that Porsche looks so smooth & wet. Great job on the carpet as well. That after shot of inside the hatchback looks perfect. Engine looks brand new! You really know how to apply all the good info you've learned to work dude. It shows!

Thank you. I agree, the I have never been a huge fan of silver but it looks good on some cars. I think it looks better on cars than SUV's and vans IMO. They were super excited with it. Even though it wasn't bad, it the paint was so smooth.

I just use the standard Megs spray bottle and sprayer that came with it. The sprayer could be better as it is either a stream or a wide puff and gets everywhere, so now I just spray it onto an applicator pad and put it on the tires that way. Plus the sprayer makes it foamy so you need to wipe it out anyways. So, I just prefer to wipe it on a few coats to control it. I did lightly spray it on the engine and then wipe it with the applicator to it wasn't wet looking. I have switched over for my personal vehicles to the Tire and trim gel. I felt like the 161 as soon as any rain its it, it is gone. Guess that is the water based part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
            Nice job. It came out great. You don't get that wow factor with silver and white. If there is metal flake in the paint then that adds some pizazz.

I'm going to have to throw white out there as well.
            It was hard to capture the metal flake because it was getting late in the day and the sun was going down, but when the sun did hit it, there was some "pop" there.

And having owned currently white as my daily driver and many white cars, they are overwhelming to some degree. I am getting tired of white too. I have been looking for something else (just looking, not going to buy) just to see what color I might get next and I find myself really paying attention to the make up of the paint now and I have never done that before. Looking for metallic paint with flake in it. What will it look like polished and cleaned. See what you have all done to me. lol

Comment

Sorry, forgot to answer your dilution question. I have not diluted the D161. The bottle says ready to use and no mention about diluting so I am just running it as is. Might try Hyper Dressing next time around.

Comment

I really like the Megs sprayers.. So much that it's changed my whole experience with using UQW. IMO the consumer bottle feels a bit clunky and the spray isn't always as strong or consistent.. But who knows, maybe I just had a defective 1.

Hyper Dressing is nice.. And as long as you apply to clean tires it lasts alot longer than it gets credit for. I just spray and let it do it's thing without touching the tires.

Comment

Nice job!
                  2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
                  1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
                  1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
                  1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
                  1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

I really like the Megs sprayers.. So much that it's changed my whole experience with using UQW. IMO the consumer bottle feels a bit clunky and the spray isn't always as strong or consistent.. But who knows, maybe I just had a defective 1.

Hyper Dressing is nice.. And as long as you apply to clean tires it lasts alot longer than it gets credit for. I just spray and let it do it's thing without touching the tires.

Yeah, I haven't had any experience with any other sprayers so these are as good as I know and they seem to be good. I like that they are marked and tell me what is in them and the ones that need dilution have markings on them. Only thing I wish was that Megs made bottles for everything like their syn spray wax and M35. I have those in their generic bottles. But those are little gripes.

Yeah, I think next time I will give the Hyper a try.

Comment

That looks sharp - very nice work!

Originally posted by exploreco View Post
                      I have switched over for my personal vehicles to the Tire and trim gel.
                      Good choice - my personal favourite
                      Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by exploreco View Post
                        Only thing I wish was that Megs made bottles for everything like their syn spray wax and M35. I have those in their generic bottles.
                        You mean this one. I have it. No need to see dilution rations on this one. Fill it up with D156 and go. I use the generic mirror glaze bottle for M135.

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                        Good choice - my personal favourite
                        Agreed. Very good stuff.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                          You mean this one. I have it. No need to see dilution rations on this one. Fill it up with D156 and go. I use the generic mirror glaze bottle for M135.

Agreed. Very good stuff.
                          I see it is available here on Megs Direct. I may have to pick one up there. I ordered a bunch of them from AG when I put in my first big bulk order and they don't have that one in their line up. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I picked mine up at detailing.com
                            99 Grand Prix
                            02 Camaro SS

Comment

I'm surprised you didn't know about the Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax bottle. It's like the coolest looking 1:p

I've heard enough talk about how great the Tire & Trim Gel is.. I'm going to clean my tires tomorrow morning and try some of that Tire & Trim Gel at TNOG

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');