• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quik Wax on glass Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Quik Wax on glass Part II

I cleaned my car on Saturday and in doing so, cleaned & sealed t he glass (inside & out) with UQW. After two days the glass is still crystal clear and the heavy dew that builds up overnight shoots right off the surface (of the glass and the paint). I also treated the windshield of my wife's 03 Explorer. It was a smeared mess! I tried cleaning it several times with MF towels, cleaner and water to no avail. I decided to try the UQW and eve though the glass was hot to the touch, the UQW misted on, spread and wiped off like it's supposed to. Now her windshield is perfectly clear, extremely slippery and I can't wait to see how it works on her car when it rains.

I'm also doing a little "test" on her hood. THe car hasn't been polished or waxed in literally years, so I put a layer of NXT 2.0 on one half and GC Carnuaba + on the other. I'm interested in seeing what holds up longest: The spray wax, the NXT 2.0 or the GCC+
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: Ultimate Quik Wax on glass Part II

I have only used D156 or UQW on the outside glass. It has worked very well. It beads nicely and the water sheets of very well. I have noticed the wiper sort of skip on the windshied on one area. It could have been that I missed that area or that the wiper didn't like that area. I will go over the glass the next day with M135 or UQD to make sure there is no lingering haze from D156.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I'll be interested to see if you get any hazing on the inside of the glass over the coming weeks. That's what happened to me a couple of times.

Other than that, UQW is great on glass, and perfect for the outside!
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Please let us know how the windshield wipers work (if you need them...) Other coatings I've used on windows produce an annoying skipping movement.

Thanks.
        2021 BMW X3M Competition - Donington Gray
        2020 Chevy Bolt - Arctic White
        2019 Fiat 124 Spider - Brillante

Some look better than others....

Comment

Originally posted by DAC17 View Post
          Please let us know how the windshield wipers work (if you need them...) Other coatings I've used on windows produce an annoying skipping movement.

Thanks.

I actually had to use the wipers this morning (slow traffic, light to moderate rain). At speeds above 40mph, the water beaded and ran up the windshield. lower than that, I had to use the wipers on the intermittent setting. The wiper operation was smoooooth, not a hint of skipping or chattering.
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"
          2013 Camaro ... triple black
          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Nice. Thanks much.
            2021 BMW X3M Competition - Donington Gray
            2020 Chevy Bolt - Arctic White
            2019 Fiat 124 Spider - Brillante

Some look better than others....