• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

57 chevy bel air (barn find)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 chevy bel air (barn find)

well like the title says i just got a 57 chevy bel air. (copper) or light brown i guess is the color? well i need to get it all shined up has a liittle bit of sun discolor in the rear from the sun soming in the barn(what will work best on that) its all 100% original and i wanna bring her back to life. what the best process to use in starting with the paint since its from the 50's. i know all about the products of cars in the last 30 years but is their anything best to put in starting to bring the paint back other than clay bar and 80? will post pics as soon as i can.

thanks in advance,

Brian
    30th ann 97 camaro z28/ss white on white leather. 02 ss rims and spoiler, flowmasters and its a 6 speed!! soon huggar stripes!!

Re: 57 chevy bel air (barn find)

Megs #7 is a godsend to old paint like that, I'll try to find the link
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

okay thanks, if you pm your email ill send you the pics.
      30th ann 97 camaro z28/ss white on white leather. 02 ss rims and spoiler, flowmasters and its a 6 speed!! soon huggar stripes!!

Comment

Originally posted by brianswimmer23 View Post
        okay thanks, if you pm your email ill send you the pics.

Click on my screen name, it will give you the option of emailing me.

BTW, Here is the link

How to restore ancient paints by Mike Phillips
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

been awhile since i have pm'd. haha. thanks again.

Comment

I'd love to see some pics of this classic!

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
              Megs #7 is a godsend to old paint like that, I'll try to find the link
              ^^

Originally posted by Selectchoice View Post
              I'd love to see some pics of this classic!
              and
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Dang. I want one too. Good for you on your find.
                Extreme Radiance Detailing

2001 C5 Corvette - Black
                2010 LT2 Camaro - Victory Red

Comment

well i cant download the pics form my current computer but it is in my profile pic. its small but shows what it is.

Comment

Nope, no profile pic either
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

If you click on his thread name it shows up there.

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                      Nope, no profile pic either

Comment

thanks buddy!!!

Comment

That's awesome. I'd love to see how it comes up after you've given it some TLC.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');