• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Ultimate Quick Wax questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Ultimate Quick Wax questions

I just got my bottle of Ultimate Quick Wax (liquid) yesterday from amazon. I read the directions, and have a couple of questions:

1. For the hand application instructions, it says that a second pass is recommended. Does this mean after the first application has been wiped off with the cloth? Or that I should do a section at a time, and then do it again, and then let it sit 3-5 mins? Or what?

2. Directions say to apply to one section at a time, and then to wipe it off; and also, to wait 3-5 mins. OK, which is it? I'm not sure that it takes me 3-5 minutes to do one section. How about if I just apply it for 5 minutes, and then go back and wipe off the wax I've applied, in the order that I put it on? With teh Gold Class carnuba, I just covered the entire car, then wiped it all off, without worrying about this.

3. I'm really interested in preserving the paint on a 10 year old minivan. Its not like new, but its actually in pretty decent shape given its age. I'd like to use this ULW in the best manner possible. Should I apply a second coat after taking the first coat off? Or just apply a second coat a month later? What would be the best way for me to maximize the protection for the paint?

Re: 3 Ultimate Quick Wax questions

Originally posted by prr View Post
    I just got my bottle of Ultimate Quick Wax (liquid) yesterday from amazon. I read the directions, and have a couple of questions:

1. For the hand application instructions, it says that a second pass is recommended. Does this mean after the first application has been wiped off with the cloth? Or that I should do a section at a time, and then do it again, and then let it sit 3-5 mins? Or what?

2. Directions say to apply to one section at a time, and then to wipe it off; and also, to wait 3-5 mins. OK, which is it? I'm not sure that it takes me 3-5 minutes to do one section. How about if I just apply it for 5 minutes, and then go back and wipe off the wax I've applied, in the order that I put it on? With teh Gold Class carnuba, I just covered the entire car, then wiped it all off, without worrying about this.

3. I'm really interested in preserving the paint on a 10 year old minivan. Its not like new, but its actually in pretty decent shape given its age. I'd like to use this ULW in the best manner possible. Should I apply a second coat after taking the first coat off? Or just apply a second coat a month later? What would be the best way for me to maximize the protection for the paint?
    This thread has a good video. Pay close attention to around 1:30.

ULW doesn't haze like a traditional wax.

You can apply 1 coat and be fine. The second coat is for even coverage just in case you missed an area the first time.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

The video said you could apply it to the entire car, or just a small section at a time. I think I'll apply it for 3-5 mins, and then wipe it off. It will be something in between the entire car, and one small section.

It also recommended an Ultimate Wash and Wax. I have a LOT of the Gold Class soap left. When I need to get a new container, I'll start a thread on the advantages of UWW over the gold class soap wash.

Thanks for the link.

Comment

I think you're referring to ultimate liquid wax, ultimate quik wax is the spray wax.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

From your description, it sounds like you've got Ultimate Liquid Wax, not UQW. As stated, UQW is a spray-on, wipe-off product. Hence the "Quik" part.
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');