• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Quik Wax on glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Quik Wax on glass

I just watched Mark Kleis' video on UTUBE about using UQW. In the comments below the video, he states that he used it on his glass, but uses less than he would on a body panel. With this in mind, I used the UQW on my car the other day and after I was done with the body of the car, there was enough "residue" in the microfiber towel to do the glass. So I cleaned the glass and wiped it down with the UQW treated mf, then buffed the window with a clean/dry mf. They came out perfect. Just for giggles, I did the inside of my windshield (I'm a smoker) without cleaning the glass first. To my surprise, it also came out perfectly clear and streak free.

The only problem now is that the windshield is so clean, I can see all the pits in the glass.

Opinions?
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: Ultimate Quik Wax on glass

I've done the same thing as you many times - both inside and out - with great results.

However, something that I've noticed is I think (not sure) that using UQW on the inside of glass causes the glass to haze up slightly after a while, say after a few weeks.

You might want to look out for that, especially if you're a smoker.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I use UQW on everything for the exterior (inlcluding glass, trim, etc.), but not on the interior glass (have tint so I use a glass cleaner) though that's not to say you couldn't.

Comment

On the outside (non-windshield) all the time. Heck, even when I apply Ult Wax (liquid), I do the outside windows, again NOT the windshield.

Like Davey said, on the inside, there does seem to be a haze that develops after bit of time.

Bill

Comment

You would think that a routine cleaning (reapplication) of UQW would eliminate the haze that you say develops. Or a cleaning with a good glass cleaner followed by UQW.
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"

Comment

I've read that UQW on the inside may increase the tendency of the glass to fog requiring the defroster to clear so I don't use it on the inside. I do use and love it on the exterior glass.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
              I've read that UQW on the inside may increase the tendency of the glass to fog requiring the defroster to clear so I don't use it on the inside. I do use and love it on the exterior glass.

So far that's not the case, even with temps in the 40's at night and heavy dew on the car in the morning. I'll let you know how it is come winter (yuck)
              Don
              12/27/2015
              "Darth Camaro"

Comment

THis tread went spinning WAY out of control on AG, so I was wondering if anyone else had opinions (other than about me being a smoker) about UQW on glass.
                Don
                12/27/2015
                "Darth Camaro"

Comment

I haven't had any problems so far, I love the stuff I use it on everything. But I haven't used it on the interior glass yes so I cant comment on that, the out side glass yes and haven't seen any problems so far.
                  2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
                  1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
                  1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
                  1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
                  1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

I have only used it on the exterior glass. It's been working fine for me.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
                      THis tread went spinning WAY out of control on AG, so I was wondering if anyone else had opinions (other than about me being a smoker) about UQW on glass.
                      Ain't that the truth!

I was a bit surprised by many of the comments.

Bill

Comment

Don,

I just realized you were talking about the INSIDE of the glass. When I posted about using U-Wax (etc) on glass, I was referring only to the outside surfaces.

My apologies for any mis-understanding.

That's what I get for not reading carefully...sorry.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by BillE View Post
                          Don,

I just realized you were talking about the INSIDE of the glass. When I posted about using U-Wax (etc) on glass, I was referring only to the outside surfaces.

My apologies for any mis-understanding.

That's what I get for not reading carefully...sorry.

Bill

No need to be sorry, no worries.

Most don't agree with using UQW (or other sealants etc) on interior glass. I'm an experimenter. If nothing else, I was trying to find a way to make cleaning interior glass easier, like waxing & sealing the exterior of the car makes it easier to clean the next time. It seemed I lucked out and the UQW also cleans the glass very well. Time will tell if it develops a film inside and how difficult it is to deal with, if a simple reapplication of UQW takes care of it, or if it's a nightmare of smears to deal with.
                          Don
                          12/27/2015
                          "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');