• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Wax

I usually do the 5-step paint care cycle once a year after winters. Then I would wax with AIO monthly with UQW in between. My choice of AIO is Cleaner Wax in the Meguiars professional line.

I like to try the White Wax. Being a newer product, maybe it would add shine and last longer than Cleaner Wax. Just to confirm, White Wax is made for lighter color cars, right? My car, a silver Mercedes, is 10 years and is in excellent condition. I maintained the car with Meguiars products since the car was new.

Re: White Wax

White wax can be used on any color. The difference between white and black is that white offers more cleaning capability and black offers more polishing oils. Both can be used on any color car.

Good reading material.

99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

But yes, WW would be a good choice in your case...
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I've used White Wax on a white and a silver Mercedes owned by two brothers with pretty good results. Both were '06 320's, one a CLK, the other an SLK. The white was done by machine, microfiber cutting pad, and in the areas that needed a little more cut, a few drops of M205 added to the wax. With the Ceramiclear Mercedes uses, I didn't get everything out but it looked pretty good. Got about 2 months with wipedowns of Last Touch or Final Inspection when needed. It was still beading fine and slick but I wanted a little more clarity before he moved. He was a good friend so I gave him some free work with M100 and an orange LC which cut more defects, cleaned up the white quite a bit more, and had a bit more gloss since it cleaned up more defects and deeper imbedded dirt. Didn't get to polish since he had to move abruptly for his job but he raved about how it hadn't looked like that since he bought it. Topped it off with Dodo Juice Blue Velvet Pro.

The silver got White Wax in spots by hand and a microfiber to clean up some larger defects and paint transfer. It already had some wax on and I had about 30 min to get it done. Hopefully I'll be seeing this one again soon to get the whole car done.

White Wax probably won't get to the same level of defect removal as Paint Reconditioning Cream but for a well maintained car or even one that needs a little deeper cleaning you can't go wrong with it. My personal choice on well maintained lighter colors is a good polish with M205 or D302 if needed, M21 sealant or Ultimate Wax, then your favorite non-cleaner wax a day later. I use Dodo Juice Diamond White most of the time but the Gold Class Carnauba or M26 are fine.

Just did my wife's white Trailblazer yesterday with White Wax down one side, PRC down the other. Both made an incredible transformation on a severely neglected vehicle. PRC cleaned a little better but not noticeable except by someone who knows what I did. I did try the consumer cleaner wax on it but it didn't do what I needed on some ugly paint. You'd be happy with White Wax.

Comment

I see. Thanks all.
          I am wondering, which one has more cleaning agent; White Wax or Cleaner Wax (Mirror Glaze).

Comment

White wax and D151 have more cleaning power.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');