• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Protectant

Hey guys,

I have been out of the loop for a while, and just got back in. I used to use Ultimate Protectant for my dash and all other vinyl and plastic on the interior of my car.

I have been catching up on the threads lately, and have not seen too much recently on this product.

I was hoping to hear what a bunch of your opinions, and (probably now long-standing) reviews are of this product, as your main dash and vinyl protectant.

I greatly appreciate any and all reviews and opinions.

Thanks all and have a great Tuesday!

Peace!

Ray

Re: Ultimate Protectant

I use it occasionally on the dash & door panels. When I do use it I have to keep focused on using only a tiny amount. It's OK but I've been using QID & Natural Shine for so long it's hard to reach for something else; guess I'm an 'old dog'.

Comment

I use ultimate protectant on my dash and all rubber and plastics. I use quik interior detailer first to lightly clean and remove any previous protectant. Then I follow with UP. I also have natural shine and I alternate between this and UP.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Ultimate Protectant is a great product.

Perhaps you didn't find too many threads about it, since it's also called Ultimate Black?
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I know that Ultimate Protectant can be used on rubber, vinyl, and plastic parts inside and outside of the car. But can it be used as tire dressing/protectant as well? Would it be safe?

Comment

Sure you can. A few have used it on tires.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

@The Guz: Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

I'm happy to see this thread about Ultimate Protectant - because I have a problem/question regarding it.

Does anyone else have problems getting the overspray off glass, paint, or shiny plastics? It works and looks great on my dash and door panels, but I got some overspray on my passenger-side window and it WILL NOT come off. I've tried glass cleaner, other "interior shine" products, water spot remover and a big streak still remains on one window. I had some stubborn streaks on my paint that finally came off with Meguiar's water spot remover, but nothing will touch that window streak.

My car's in storage right now, otherwise I'd post a picture of it. But, I'll take a picture of it the next time I go and start it.

Any comments or suggestions? Does anyone else have this annoying side effect when using Ultimate Protectant? I like the stuff, but hate this problem!

Comment

Spray it onto a foam or microfiber applicator/towel next time. You will not have to worry about overspray that way.

As far as the overspray you have now, try using a microfiber towel that is damp with warm water. The product is water based. You could also try some IPA.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                    Spray it onto a foam or microfiber applicator/towel next time. You will not have to worry about overspray that way.
                    Well...I called it "overspray" but it was actually a streak from a cloth with the Ultimate Protectant on it.

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                    As far as the overspray you have now, try using a microfiber towel that is damp with warm water. The product is water based. You could also try some IPA.
                    It may be water-based, but it does NOT come off easily. As I said in my first post, I have tried everything - and nothing has worked. I've been detailing my cars for years, and I've never come across anything like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');