• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harley Vivid Black Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley Vivid Black Paint

I have made a deposit on a new Black Street glide. I love black, I presently have a denim black bike and its so easy to take care of.

The harley vivid black paint seems soft, it scratches so easy, I had a 2008 Road king, is there a megs product I should use to help not create the swirls in the black paint?
    Presently in York Pa
    2012 FLHXSE3 Black and Slate Gray
    2012 Tundra CM Black
    2015 Acura TLX White Pearl

Re: Harley Vivid Black Paint

The only thing I can think of to help stop swirls happening in the first place would be a coating such as CQuartz or similar.

Even then, the scratch resistancy is debatable...
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I would recommend to invest in some nice microfiber towels such as the Meguiar's supreme shine microfiber towels. Sometimes cheap towels can induce scratches and swirls.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

I have a 2013 Vivid Black FLHTK. I went the CQuartz route when I first brought it home, 2 coats. It helped a little, but the paint is so easily marred. I just ended up polishing every so often and keeping the sealant topped with a fresh layer of wax. I am trying to be not as critical and just ride it.

Comment

I just sold my 2008 Vivid Black, Fat Bob. I'm new at detailing, but have learned a lot from the forums and spiffing up my Fuji Blue Pearl Civic.
          Harley paint seems very soft to me and is hard to keep minor scratches from the paint, if you use your bike often. Keeping my vehicles in top condition, has been beyond what my wildest expectations, using Meguires products.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');