Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Ultimate Liquid Wax vx. NXT Liquid vs. White/Black?

          
  1. #1
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    7

    Ultimate Liquid Wax vx. NXT Liquid vs. White/Black?

    I have been using Gold Class Carnuba the last couple of years and I do like it. I am ready, however, to take the next step up and get a more expensive wax. I’m just not sure which would be best for my vehicle. I will be using it on a medium brown 2005 minivan (the paint is actually in pretty good shape). My two main concerns are that I would like a wax that will preserve a shine as long as possible between waxes, and also, provide protection for the paint. If I had to take one or the other, I’d go for longer lasting protection for the paint.

    Washing with Gold Class soap and applying one of these waxes is all that I'll be doing for the paint, so there won't be any extra polishing.


    I’m not sure if what I need is Ultimate Liquid Wax, NXT Liquid, or one of the White/Black waxes. I’d appreciate some comments.

  2. #2
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax vx. NXT Liquid vs. White/Black?

    Ultimate Liquid Wax, hands down. It will be the easiest to apply, can, and I recommend, be applied to the black plastic trim, and will last longer than the others. The White/Black waxes are all-in-ones (AIO) which will help clean and polish the paint, but at the sacrifice of durability. Ultimate Liquid is actually a sealant and creates an exceptional look and will significantly outlast Gold Class which you are using now, and will be much easier to apply and remove.

  3. #3
    Registered Member C8N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    416
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax vx. NXT Liquid vs. White/Black?

    UW is the most longest lasting so that would be my choice.
    However, I would sneak in white wax here and there along with some claying.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

  4. #4
    Michael The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,122
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax vx. NXT Liquid vs. White/Black?

    Quote Originally Posted by C8N View Post
    UW is the most longest lasting so that would be my choice.
    However, I would sneak in white wax here and there along with some claying.
    I would go this route.

  5. #5
    Global Product & Training Spec Michael Stoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Trabuco Canyon, CA
    Posts
    21,287
    Rep Power
    1134

    Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax vx. NXT Liquid vs. White/Black?

    Ultimate Wax is indeed our longest lasting, best protecting wax/sealant. We agree with a couple of other comments that claying would be a benefit even if you don't plan on any polishing. Claying is a very simple, straightforward process that quickly removes above surface bonded contaminants - all the stuff that sticks to your paint over time and makes it feel rough to the touch. If you don't remove this crud before waxing then you're basically waxing bonded dirt. Removing these contaminants actually makes the waxing process a bit easier, and the wax will last longer, too.
    Michael Stoops
    Senior Global Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Inc.

    Remember, this hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need therapy.

  6. #6
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax vx. NXT Liquid vs. White/Black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stoops View Post
    Ultimate Wax is indeed our longest lasting, best protecting wax/sealant. We agree with a couple of other comments that claying would be a benefit even if you don't plan on any polishing. Claying is a very simple, straightforward process that quickly removes above surface bonded contaminants - all the stuff that sticks to your paint over time and makes it feel rough to the touch. If you don't remove this crud before waxing then you're basically waxing bonded dirt. Removing these contaminants actually makes the waxing process a bit easier, and the wax will last longer, too.

    OK, Ultimate Liquid it is.

    As far as claying--I have a couple of clay bars, but I've rarely used them.

    For a car with a decent to good paint job, would you recommend my going over it over the entire length of the car with the clay? Or just a few spots when it needs it?

    Also, the clay should be used after wash, but before wax?

  7. #7
    Michael The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,122
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax vx. NXT Liquid vs. White/Black?

    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    Also, the clay should be used after wash, but before wax?
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    For a car with a decent to good paint job, would you recommend my going over it over the entire length of the car with the clay? Or just a few spots when it needs it?
    Use the baggie test to determine if you need to clay or not. Search on here or google. Since you have not clayed in awhile I would not hesitate to clay the car then apply a wax.

  8. #8
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax vx. NXT Liquid vs. White/Black?

    OK thanks. I'll get the Ultimate Liquid on amazon.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jul 5th, 2014, 03:57 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 25th, 2012, 04:42 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jul 1st, 2012, 04:10 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 11th, 2009, 01:01 AM
  5. Tacky paint and white liquid
    By Firstson in forum Detailing 101
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Aug 8th, 2008, 09:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •