• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M7 followed by ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M7 followed by ?

What do you recommend to be used as LSP after M7?
    1- GC wax
    2- UW

The question I have is that since GC contains polishing agents is that mean GC will remove the M7 from the paint.

Re: M7 followed by ?

I would not worry about GC removing M7. The polishing agents are so miniscule that it should not effect it. You could go with M26 if you are looking for a carnauba based wax. Says follow with M26 right on the M7 bottle. UW should be ok as well.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but isn't M26 derived from gc making them very similar? But go with what the guz says, he gives solid advice on here.

Comment

I could be wrong but, wouldn't it be odd for a proffesional grade product such as M26 be derived from consumer grade Gold Class wax?

Comment

I think the counterpart of M26 is Deep Crystal Carnauba wax. They smell almost identical, both are pure waxes (carnauba with polymers and silicones, no cleaners or polishing oils). Gold Class Carnauba Plus is a carnauba wax with polishing oils and really mild cleaners.

Comment

This was a pretty hot topic that frequently came up when discussing cleaning agents in NXT and whether or not it can be layered.
            Well.. it has been stated that despite the ingredients, NXT has zero cleaning ability and I would assume this would apply to rest of Meg's waxes that contains cleaning agents as an ingredient.
            M7 is meant to be used prior to waxing and I would highly doubt Meg's will put out a wax, outside of cleaner waxes and AIO, that would delete M7's properties.
            2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

The reason I would like to use GC is that the car I'm working on is black and I like GC on black car. Any inputs from Mr. Stoops!!

Comment

M26 was introduced in the 80's. I believe Gold Class was introduced in the mid 90's.

I've read that unless you're using a dedicated cleaner wax, any polish/wax or pure wax is excellent to use over m07. Infact, the application of a pure polish is said to increase all positive attributes of any finishing wax.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');