• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'03 Z06 'Vette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '03 Z06 'Vette

Howdy all,

A friend of mine at work had been talking about methods and products we use to maintain our vehicles. He has been using Zaino to maintain his 2003 Corvette Z06 and I will say, it did look good. But my friend took a look at the finish on my C320, (pics forthcoming next week) and he decided to give Meguiars NXT tech wax a shot.

We started off with a fresh clay bar to the finish. This was the quickest claying I've ever done since it had virtually no noticeable surface contaminants. Better to be thorough and know the results will be desireable.

Next we grabbed the trusty PC and #83 to work on a few cobwebs and swirl marks. I paid particular attention to the lower center portion of the hood, since it had some bad DIO scratch marks that look atypical of bad rotary technique.

Since the finish didn't haze after applying #83, we went straight to the NXT Tech Wax. As you can see below, in the hood picture, the DIO scratches didn't get completely covered, but to our eyes, it was a slight improvement.

The one difference I noticed between the Zaino wax finish and the NXT wax, is that the Zaino finish resembles the way Gold Class wax appears. It looks VERY good, but it doesn't seem to "pop" like the NXT does. I'm in no way trying to put down anyone who has used Zaino, Zymol or any other product, just stating what my eyes perceived.

The proud owner

Look carefully, and you'll see the 3-pointer star in the reflection

What more can I say?

It's a shame the sky cover was mostly cloudy, this would have been an AWESOME pic otherwise!

I was tempted not to include this picture, being that it's parked next to his neighbor's Ford! JUST KIDDING!!!

I really wanted to put another coat of NXT wax on, but I got called in for an overtime shift, so the 2nd coat will have to wait a day or so. I don't know if my friend will be switching over to NXT Tech Wax but at least he was pleased with the results. Can't ask for much else! I know I was thoroughly pleased with it.
    Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

Good job atclew...

Each one teach one!
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Great work on the vette, those are such sweet rides.

Comment

Looks great!

Very nice car!

Did you remove the NXT with your PC?
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
          Did you remove the NXT with your PC?
          It was removed by hand. I find it alot easier to do it that way. Just a personal preference!
          Lew

"...will separate aircraft for food"

My Mercedes Benz S600

Comment

soooooooooo nice man. z06's are deadly insane, and black...mmmmmmmmm. get some ngiht shots, those would be killer. nice ride buddy
            1989 Thunderbird SC 5spd
            -Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs
            -Flowmaster delta flow 40 series cat back
            -B&M ripper short shifter
            -17X9 Cobra R chrome wheels
            -Kumho Ecsta 712 supra 255/45/17s
            -SCP SC boost pulley / SCP underdrive pulleys

Comment

Congratulation! I Love!!!!!

Comment

Great Job!! NXT on Black is AWESOME!!1
                wjfm1
                2003 G35 Coupe

Comment

Car looks great!

I'm a Zaino to NXT convert myself. Zaino works well, but I really like NXT. It's easy to get and easy to apply and makes my red vette look great. Plus I like Meguiars as a company. I also really like the rest of the Meguiars product line up, plus they have great people like Mike Phillips, Kevin Brown and of course Barry Meguiar!
                  -Bob
                  NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');