• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

Hello I'm from California . I'm a newbie at at this.I was wondering why I have a cloudy haze on the hood of my truck. A few weeks ago I used Meguiars cleaner wax and it came out good. A week or two later I washed it and now I have cloudy swirls in only some spots on the hood . You can see them good at certain angles. The site wont let me post pics or I would.
    thank you

Re: Hello everyone

Hi Scott. Welcome to MOL. Couple of questions... How old is the paint? Clearcoat or single stage? What condition was the paint in before applying? (Neglected paint may need more prep work than just applying Cleaner Wax.)
    I had my neighbor use some of my Cleaner Wax recently on his neglected car's clearcoat paint. Ideally, he should have approached in steps (compound, polish, then wax) be he didn't have the time or desire for that. Similar thing for him after a few days. I took a bit more Cleaner Wax and rubbed out those spots. I think he let the Cleaner Wax dry too far and didn't fully buff off the product in spots on his first time applying.

Try to reapply on those spots. Work in small areas. Rub it in with moderate pressure to get through the cured haze. Give it 3-5 minutes to haze but not to dry hard. Wipe with microfiber, flip microfiber over and buff some. Hope that resolves it for you.

Comment

Welcome to MOL.

Reading what you are describing, what does a few weeks mean? 1 month? 2 months? It's possible that it's time to rewax.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

It's a 2011 chevy the paint is in good shape it is charcoal gray so it's easy to see. It was about a week and a half later I washed it

Comment

Welcome to MOL Scott! What part of California?

Comment

What soap did you wash it with? What is your washing routine? 2 bucket? Type of washing material (wash mitt, etc)?
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Welcome to MOL!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');