• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, I am new but somewhat old:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I am new but somewhat old:

I bought my first new car one year ago; it has been quite the learning curve. The car had ten on the mileage and I am going to make it all my own. I thought I knew how to wash a car, but before it got its first bath, I did some research. I learned a lot and found that there is more science than elbow grease. Also “Black” is beautiful but hard to keep that way. I have been giving her (ok, yes it’s a-her) a bath almost every week. I have been on this site before and now it is time to join the talk because on her one year anniversary, last week after claying the paint, I found two very small rust spots on the roof that I thought was dirt. So I am going to need help keeping her beautiful for the years to come. I look forward to meeting everyone and joining in this conversation. Regards, learning curve…
    "there are no problems, only solutions"

1st off r u male or female? Males call their cars hers and women call it a he. No I've had 2 brand new cars in my life and the 1st was Charlene. She was good to me,and the second was mable. She def didnt treat me the way Charlene did. Now that's out of the way are u sure they are rust spots? It's a brand new car with 10 miles when u got it which is a year ago so it's a '23?

If indeed it is rust it should b covored under warranty still, but what I'm thinking is ur seeing what we call rail dust which are just iron deposits that are embedded into the paint. A product like iron x is used for that purpose of decontamination but its more common to see them in light colored cars.

If u could get us some pictures we can better help so we know what were looking at. Let us now I look fwd to hearing back on this one.

Comment

Re: Hello, I am new but somewhat old:

Welcome. There is lots of info on here about a 2 bucket wash. There is also a good video in the how to video's section. That rust could also be iron contamination. A product like ironx would be what you need. Photos are always helpful.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

I've owned 5 Cadillacs [4 Eldorados & this current one's a Seville] and I've never for a minute thought of any of them as being a 'her'
        Maybe if I had to, I guess the Seville could be a 'her' since the Seville is technically the sister/sedan version of her brother/coupe/Eldorado.. But I still can't find myself thinking of any Cadillac as a 'her'

300hp Northstar V8, it's got b****! It's a Man! Haha:p

Welcome to MOL!

Comment

I wish it was just rail dust, that would be a much easier fix. After the claying and a bath what I thought was dirt was still there. I used a 10x magnifier on it and saw two very small rust spots. I have concerns taking it back to the dealer since the few times I have been there, I get her back with some new damages. "No one can treat your car as well as, you can". Thank you for your response.

Comment

It is indeed rust, and I am nervous to take it back to the dealer. I have been back for two oil changes and one tire rotation. Every time they add a little damage! I have a picture in my gallery, but not able to post it here. Thank you for the response.

Comment

U dont have to take it back to the saner dealer. I Don't know what make ur car is but example if its a Chevy than any gm dealer will honor the warranty, but I recommend taking it to what kind of cars they sell just cuz a Pontiac dealer doesn't work on Chevys all the time. If its a Chrysler any state, any city, any dealer as long as its a Chrysler dealer. Good luck and keep us informed of ur results.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');