• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Polish as a paint cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Polish as a paint cleaner?

If used on a DA with a black finishing pad, will UP work well as a paint cleaner? I'm looking to strip old LSP and prep for ULW. I don't want cut as the paint is pretty thin and I would like to avoid any more if possible.

Thanks.

Re: Ultimate Polish as a paint cleaner?

Clay would strip the LSP, and a gentle paint cleansing lotion like Griot's Prewax Cleanser might work better than UP unless you want a dedicated cleaning polish. Even with a finishing pad UP has more abrasives than, say, A12 cleaner wax or ColorX, according to this chart. I still owe you for sending me the D300 & 301 awhile back, so if you want some Griot's I can send you some; A12 is somewhere around here too.

Comment

Yes.. Just for a mild cleaner, it is fine.

Will remove wax, may or may not remove defects.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Ultimate Polish as a paint cleaner?

You can use it and you will be fine. You are basically giving it a light polish rather than correcting with a polishing pad. Just back off on the downward pressure. Clay may or may not strip an LSP especially today's sealants which are pretty durable.

Have you actually taken measurements on the paint? How do you know it's thin?
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');