• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hernandez Polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hernandez Polisher

Check it out everyone. I made this tool since I didn't have an air supply and wanted something smaller. The extension is not necessary, however I made this tool to reach into small tight areas so that is why I made the extension and a new video is coming up, so stay tuned!

Also, don't test the heat of this tool without any pads and don't worry guys I did the testing for you guys and it does got hot

Re: The Hernandez Polisher

and here it is being tested by Mike Stoops.

Comment

So what did mike have to say about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
        So what did mike have to say about it?
        Don't recall, lets see if he chimes in with this thoughts on this tool and it was designed as an alternative for people without an air supply instead of paying $100's to $1,000's to be able to go 2"s. I thought outside the box and came up with this.

Comment

Oh and forgot to mention at TNOG. I purposely thought of buying an underpowered tool when thinking of this idea, since I read that this machine was pretty much only good for spreading wax.

Since this machine was designed/modified for tight areas and not whole panels, it being somewhat underpowered to me made it safer to use, when the thoughts were flowing through my head, to prevent damaging edges and raised body lines.

However, given the fact that it held up well against 1,500 grit sanding marks. I think it has plenty of power. If more powered is needed it can be swapped for a stronger machine with the modification like shown in the video or you can just use a stronger machine.

What pads, compounds, speed, pressure, etc... one uses play a strong factor when using this machine.

Comment

Also, Thank You Mike for doing me the favor of testing out my machine, before I put it to use on customers cars.

Thanks a bunch!

Art

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');