• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got it done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got it done!

Hi,
    I have been away from detailing for a while and just got back into it by detailing my wife's Laser Red 1998 Cobra. I did the five step process since the car's finish has been kind of neglected for a couple years, sitting outside in the Hawaiian climate. I began using some old Deep Crystal three step materials I've had with my PC and was not having much luck with the water spots. Thanks to some of the threads on these forums I decided to go with the Ultimate Compound, Polish and Wax and what a great decision! The UC/UP/ULW is such a huge step up from the old DC system! The UC took the water spots off with little effort and the UP really made the red metallic look incredible. The ULW went on and off without a hitch. I finished it off with Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer. The results were worth the effort!

Looks great!!!

Comment

Re: Finally got it done!

Good job!

Comment

Thanks! It was fun, especially with the way the red responded to the process. The Meg's Ultimate products really make it pop!

Comment

I remember the old Deep Crystal system. Good times back in my late teens for sure. The Ultimate line is quite the evolution though. There isn't much that can't be done with those products.

Comment

Looks very nice!

Maybe now you can tend to those oxidided, yellowing headlights.
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Looks good. The ultimate line is very good. No dressing on the tires?
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                Looks very nice!

Maybe now you can tend to those oxidided, yellowing headlights.
                LOL! Yep, that's on the to-do list! I picked up the Meg's HD Headlight Restoration Kit at Costco the other day. I used it on the headlights on my 2003 Mustang GT and they came out like new! Hopefully, I'll get the same result on the wife's car.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                  Looks good. The ultimate line is very good. No dressing on the tires?

Good eye! Yes, the tires are brand new and I didn't put anything on them yet. Which tire dressing do you use?

Comment

Well to clean the wheel & tires I usually use D143 Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner. Since my wheels are maintained and cleaned with soap and water I typically use D143 to clean the tires to remove and apply a tire dressing. Over the counter it would be Hot Rims All Wheel & Tire Cleaner that is equivalent to D143. For a tire dressing my go to is D163 Tire & Trim Gel. I have played around with ultimate black tire coating and it was ok. Lasted a month but it's not as glossy as I hoped it would be.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Well to clean the wheel & tires I usually use D143 Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner. Since my wheels are maintained and cleaned with soap and water I typically use D143 to clean the tires to remove and apply a tire dressing. Over the counter it would be Hot Rims All Wheel & Tire Cleaner that is equivalent to D143. For a tire dressing my go to is D163 Tire & Trim Gel. I have played around with ultimate black tire coating and it was ok. Lasted a month but it's not as glossy as I hoped it would be.
                      Thanks for the response! I'll have to try and find the D163 here on island. I usually remove the wheels to thoroughly clean them with an APC. I'm pretty particular about them since they're real Cobra R wheels. I also clean and polish them with UC and WheelWax. Dressing the tires should round it out nicely.

Comment

For a tire dressing my go to is D163 Tire & Trim Gel.
                        Originally posted by Blueline
                        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll post another picture once I finish the headlights and tires. Hopefully it will be a sunny day rather than the overcast one in the previous picture!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');