• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting started

I've never waxed my own cars before so I need help! My first questions are, in what order do you detail a car?? Is it rubbing compound, polish, wax then glaze ? Secondly and most importantly. Which bonnet works for which....foam , terry cloth, wool. Microfiber ? Honestly have no clue, in the past I've always paid to have my vehicles detailed , but now im looking to save money . So any help is appreciated

Re: getting started

Welcome to MOL!

The best place to start is to ask you what products and machines you already have. Also what are you looking to achieve? Defect removal, or just a quick shine and protection?

Comment

It depends on how heavily you want to get into this. I start people off with the Meguiar's clay kit, and a bottle of Meguiar's Cleaner Wax. I have shelves full of product, even professional products, and still enjoy using Cleaner Wax.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');