• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boutique Waxes? M26 is all you need!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boutique Waxes? M26 is all you need!

This is my first post because I felt the need to pipe up.
    The Guz sent me some samples of M21 and M26 in early spring to try. I drive a 2004, black Pontiac GP CompG.
    I have been using the Ultimate line for awhile but he insisted I try the two out. He said to use the M26 as a topper. I was apprehensive, but gave it a shot. I was truly impressed.

My problem from the get go was I went old school and thought waxing by hand was the way to go. So every darn time I got done with >whatever wax/sealant< I used as the LSP, I would get streaking. Eventually in a day or two, with or without detail spray, it would disappear.
    I finally ordered a red LC pad and decided to use that for the final two steps. That approach to life was a revelation. Waxing was easy, fun and quick. The results, in my Pontiac eyes, were incredible.

Using a DA for the ULW/M26 is a no-brainer approach to a streak free finish.

M26 is the bomb. All the other toppers are for people with compulsive buying disorders chasing there tails.
    Thanks GUZ!!

Comment

After multiple attempts with my DA, I much prefer to apply wax by hand. I use my DA for everything else.

I will agree with you about M26. It has saved me a ton of money. I can get a bottle locally for $13, and I have no interest in spending more money to find something that may be marginally better.

Comment

Originally posted by Spazzz View Post
        This is my first post because I felt the need to pipe up.
        The Guz sent me some samples of M21 and M26 in early spring to try. I drive a 2004, black Pontiac GP CompG.
        I have been using the Ultimate line for awhile but he insisted I try the two out. He said to use the M26 as a topper. I was apprehensive, but gave it a shot. I was truly impressed.

My problem from the get go was I went old school and thought waxing by hand was the way to go. So every darn time I got done with >whatever wax/sealant< I used as the LSP, I would get streaking. Eventually in a day or two, with or without detail spray, it would disappear.
        I finally ordered a red LC pad and decided to use that for the final two steps. That approach to life was a revelation. Waxing was easy, fun and quick. The results, in my Pontiac eyes, were incredible.

Using a DA for the ULW/M26 is a no-brainer approach to a streak free finish.

M26 is the bomb. All the other toppers are for people with compulsive buying disorders chasing there tails.
        Thanks GUZ!!
        Hey buddy. Nice to see you over here. Glad I could help out. Waxing by DA is such a breeze.

Originally posted by tiSS'er View Post
        After multiple attempts with my DA, I much prefer to apply wax by hand. I use my DA for everything else.

I will agree with you about M26. It has saved me a ton of money. I can get a bottle locally for $13, and I have no interest in spending more money to find something that may be marginally better.
        My offer still stands if you want to try a sample of Mothers carnuaba to see if you get ghosting or not. PM me. This is an offer just for you.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks Guz, that is very generous. I thin between UPW and M26 I have found my solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
            Hey buddy. Nice to see you over here. Glad I could help out. Waxing by DA is such a breeze.

My offer still stands if you want to try a sample of Mothers carnuaba to see if you get ghosting or not. PM me. This is an offer just for you.
            Guz,
            Do you apply the M21 by hand or DA? How about M26?

Comment

By DA. Hard to reach areas by hand.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                By DA. Hard to reach areas by hand.
                So do you apply wax to entire car and buff or just a couple of panels?

Comment

Either really. If it is THIN, you can do the whole car. You can also wipe it off a couple of panels at a time. I put it on with a 4" polishing pad on the DA. It goes on super thin.

Comment

Originally posted by drum1026 View Post
                    So do you apply wax to entire car and buff or just a couple of panels?
                    M21 and M26 need to haze before removed. Meaning I do the entire car and remove it after it's hazed. UW I work per panel.

Originally posted by 5xkmw View Post
                    I put it on with a 4" polishing pad on the DA. It goes on super thin.
                    I agree. Best pad size for applying a wax or sealant.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Guys,

I may have to add M26 as my last step after UW and might just use some pure polish as well since I'll have weeks of down time.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');