• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boutique Waxes? M26 is all you need!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boutique Waxes? M26 is all you need!

Don't believe me? Just watch the below video in HD or Full HD

Re: Boutique Waxes? M26 is all you need!

Yeah M26 is great.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

It looks really good.

Some shots in full sun would have been nice. Also, do you plan on dressing the trim & B-pillars etc?
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Absolutely love 26 on my dark blue car. I just did it today with cleaner wax topped with 845 but nothing looks better than when I finish with #26.

Comment

I've always had great results with M26. Love the paste version!

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
            It looks really good.

Some shots in full sun would have been nice. Also, do you plan on dressing the trim & B-pillars etc?
            It was late evening by the time I finished, we had just enough light to take the video

Trim and B Pillar has been coated with Dlux, it needs some topping up which will be done sometime next month!

Comment

I agree, M26 looks great.

From my other thread:

Originally posted by tiSS'er View Post
              I threw another coat of M26 paste on this morning and I just love this stuff. I find the paste spreads much easier than the liquid (I prefer to wax by hand) and I can get it much thinner. I applied to 2 panels and then removed. I did head out this morning and there was quite a bit of ghosting, but nothing that some QD can't take care of. M26 just looks so darn good, I'll go so far to say much better than UPW. I'm going to have to throw a coat of UPW maybe next month and see how it compares. Please keep in mind that this car is not perfectly detailed, it is a daily driver.

A few photos from this morning. I am already finding it is looking better as the wax cures.

Comment

^^ Very nice.

So did you end up doing that comparison between M26 and UPW?
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

^^ Very nice.

So did you end up doing that comparison between M26 and UPW?
                  I have been having terrible ghosting issues with the the M26 paste on the bonnet. I have cleaned off the ghosting 4 times now, once for each day it has been out. Each time there is less ghosting, but still annoying when the rest of the car looks so good. Tonight I applied UPW to the bonnet and front fenders. I will be able to get a good look at it in the sun tomorrow afternoon to see how UPW compare to M26.

I did not have such severe ghosting issues with M26 liquid. It only happened once. So, the worst ghosting issues I have had are with the paste versions of M26, GCCP+, and minor issues with UPW. This leads me to believe that there is a correlation between pastes and the severity of ghosting. I fully expect some ghosting from the UPW, but it should be a one and done cleaning to get rid of it. I have also realized that this week we have had really dry weather, humidity is in the teens, last week it was in the 50% range, so that may factor in too.

If the looks of UPW holds up to M26, or is close, I will stick with this. If not, I'll try M26 liquid again this weekend. There is just something about M26 that is special. I should note, it is about 115 degrees in the valley today, expected to be hotter tomorrow.

Comment

I just removed the UPW from the bonnet and fenders and few things are immediately evident.

1. UPW is noticeably slicker than M26
                    2. In the garage lighting, it seems as though the darkening is similar between the 2 waxes.
                    3. UPW wipes off much easier with less effort
                    4. The reflections of UPW are not as crisp as M26. I can see the difference, though I don't think the camera will pick it up. To me, it looks as if the UPW side is adding a orange slight peel effect, where M26 looks like the car was just wet sanded. The difference is very minimal, but seeing reflections side by side it is faintly noticeable. I'll have to see what happen as UPW cures over the next 12 hours, it may clear up a bit.

Overall, they are very close. I am curious to see how it looks in the sun. With M26 the car literally glows, not so much with UPW. On a lighter color, it is unlikely to be noticeable at all.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

When you say 'ghosting' do you mean streaking?

Comment

Thanks for the update.

When you say 'ghosting' do you mean streaking?

When ghosting occurs, I get a cloudy look on the paint. it can easily be wiped off with a waterless wash or QD. This is the only car I have ever had this happen to. So far, once I wipe the cloudiness away it is gone. With M26 paste, it has reoccured. I believe this is related to the extreme heat we have.

Comment

I have been having terrible ghosting issues with the the M26 paste on the bonnet. I have cleaned off the ghosting 4 times now, once for each day it has been out. Each time there is less ghosting, but still annoying when the rest of the car looks so good. Tonight I applied UPW to the bonnet and front fenders. I will be able to get a good look at it in the sun tomorrow afternoon to see how UPW compare to M26.

I did not have such severe ghosting issues with M26 liquid. It only happened once. So, the worst ghosting issues I have had are with the paste versions of M26, GCCP+, and minor issues with UPW. This leads me to believe that there is a correlation between pastes and the severity of ghosting. I fully expect some ghosting from the UPW, but it should be a one and done cleaning to get rid of it. I have also realized that this week we have had really dry weather, humidity is in the teens, last week it was in the 50% range, so that may factor in too.
                          I've been having streaking issues even with M26 Liquid on hand.

All of these issues were solved the moment I started using the rotary and 4" Black foam pad for applying M26 Liquid TO be honest though, the look you get when M26 is applied with a rotary is far far better than what I could manage with my hand!

Comment

When ghosting occurs, I get a cloudy look on the paint. it can easily be wiped off with a waterless wash or QD. This is the only car I have ever had this happen to. So far, once I wipe the cloudiness away it is gone. With M26 paste, it has reoccured. I believe this is related to the extreme heat we have.
                            Sounds like a similar problem to what I once had. It was also on a black car, and also mostly on the hood.

In my case, I put it down to a build up of too much product on there; i.e. I would routinely apply different waxes, spray waxes and QD's on there without stripping off the previous layer (garage queen, so didn't often need correction/claying).

I subsequently stripped all the 'product' off with IPA and started fresh, and the problem seemed to go away.

Possibly you are experiencing the same issue?

Comment

Sounds like a similar problem to what I once had. It was also on a black car, and also mostly on the hood.

In my case, I put it down to a build up of too much product on there; i.e. I would routinely apply different waxes, spray waxes and QD's on there without stripping off the previous layer (garage queen, so didn't often need correction/claying).

I subsequently stripped all the 'product' off with IPA and started fresh, and the problem seemed to go away.

Possibly you are experiencing the same issue?
                              I strip the previous waxes before I apply a new coat.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');