• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Detail Causes Scratches???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Detail Causes Scratches???

After a road trip with lots of rain, I return with a few bug smears on the "bonnet". I don't want to wash because it is going to rain off and on for several days. An I safe using the Quick Detail and microfiber wipe to get the smears off? - Or better to let them stay a day or two until I wash properly? I am concerned that Quick Detail may give me micro scratches from any road dust, but leaving the spots ay give me harder to remove spots.

Re: Quick Detail Causes Scratches???

Can you wash just the affected area?

Next best thing would be to do a rinseless or waterless wash with D115 / ONR or similar.

QD sprays are mainly only for light dust / dirt, which it sounds like yours is not.

It's up to you what you're comfortable with, but just by the fact that you're asking the question, I wouldn't do it.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I'm in agreement with either a full wash or a rinseless wash regardless if it rains. Better to remove any bugs before they stain the paint.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

If it was me, I would feel more comfortable with doing a full wash or the rinseless wash as well. If those are absolutely not an option, I would spray the heck out of the spots with the QD and let it soak on the spot if possible before wiping.

Comment

Yes, I can wash just the affected area.....(so simple, why didn't I think of that?) Usually, it is just the very front hood and bumper. I'll also look at the waterless D-115/ONR

Thanks - I am new to this and want to avoid mistakes on my new sports car. Would like to find a school in SE US.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');