• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding Mirror Glaze 07 to my full detial process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Mirror Glaze 07 to my full detial process

I would like to add a glaze step to my detail..

I currently own a Deep Burgundy red car.. I just finished doing my 3 month detail using m205 and Ultimate liquid wax..

Will I notice a wet look or show car look if I add Mirror Glaze m07 after m205 then apply the Ultimate Liquid Wax..??

I never applied a glaze before. Do I wipe it on and wipe it off or does it need to haze like a wax?

Re: Adding Mirror Glaze 07 to my full detial process

I’m not sure what you mean by “show car look” but I can tell you that it adds depth and clarity to my black 2001 Lexus.I love the stuff.People seem to notice the difference more on dark color cars and particularly with single stage paint.Apparently, the difference is not as dramatic with clear coats but the oils in the polish rejuvenates the paint so in my opinion it’s worth the time and effort even if the results are not as visually stunning.I would recommend looking for threads dealing with how to apply and remove it.In short, it can be a bear to tackle if you apply it too thick. 07 is super rich in oils so it will not try so don't wait or it to haze. I have found that if I put on a thin layer then I can remove it with two towels, one for the initial removal and a cleaner towel for the final wipe.Personally, I use a cotton towel first then follow it up with MF towel.It will take some time and effort but I think you’ll be happy the results. Good luck.

Comment

M07 does work well, especially on dark paint. So on the deep burgundy red, I expect it to add even more depth. However, M205, as far as I know is also rich in polishing oils. I would do a side by side comparison first on a panel between a show car glazed area and a m205 only panel. If the improvement is big enough for you, go for it. Just use as little product as possible, and have extra microfiber towels and extra time and patience.

I've used it on silver, yes, in my experience, m07 highlights any paint's strengths. If your paint is deep/dark, it will add even more depth. If it's silver or metallic, it will bring out the metallic flakes and even add clarity and brightness. But again, also in my experience, it works exceptionally on dark paint.

Comment

Similar discussion was talked about here. Should help you out.

You may just want to top off UW with gold class carnauba or M26 and see if you like it. You could top off UW with M7 and GC or M26.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

The only megs you let dry to a haze before removing = wax

Comment

Hi, MY 2cents bit is I Have used #7 mirror glaze or black and silver, works alright, just get your prep part to good and yippie you will see good results to, wipe on say a panel at a time wipe off, tends to run over as you carry on I noticed when doing bit by bit. Just from my short time use and experience of megs products. It sure looks good.

Comment

Oh I might been bit on the late side for this as it was in July, I will check the dates in future.

Comment

Never too late to post useful information.
                99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');