• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get rid of swirls in my wood trim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get rid of swirls in my wood trim?

Hey guys this is my first post on this amazing website

I have an Audi a4 2007 and on the interior wood panels theres a lot of swirls and scratches which seem to bother me lol, is there anyway to get rid of them? not really sure what product i should use that would work and be safe on it.

Heres a picture of the trim i'm talking about not sure exactly what material it might be or if its covered with a clear coat.

This pictures off google my trim piece is black not sure if its still the same thing probably is tho.

Meguiar's stickers o_O

Comment

Re: How to get rid of swirls in my wood trim?

Hey Tarn to MOL

As for removing the swirls from the panels, if you haven't already tried and remove them, and I'm surprised my the above response! For the surfaces such as these I would try the very least aggressive product and method possible! Since the more shiny and reflective a surface is the more scratches and damage could be caused and show up.

To remove a scratch from your panel or anything for that matter, you have to remove the top layer of material down to the bottom depth of the scratch. I would start with the soft long nap micro fiber folded in half so as not to apply to much pressure on the surface you will be applying the pressure to. Use Meguiars PlastX and apply a generous amount to help in lubricity, and lightly wipe back in forth a time or two. Stop check work, if no Improvement continue on with same technique but add an extra couple wipes and stop and recheck area.

You should see some improvement, but if not reapply and same technique again. Also need to check under good LED lighting. If scratches remain add slightly more pressure and do just a couple more wipes and recheck. It takes some time but if somethings worth doing it's worth doing right. Also no need in instilling more scratches in your panels.

If none of the above method's work get a bottle of Ultimate Polish and repeat above technique, just remember to start light pressure and couple wipes to start out. The key here is to always use the least aggressive technique and products first! You can always step up but most of the time you can't undo a mistake! Hope that helps.
      ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
      You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
      Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');