• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to rinse correctly aluminum wheel cleaner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to rinse correctly aluminum wheel cleaner.

Hello!

I've bought Aluminum wheel cleaner, but prior to use it I'd like to know if I can just rinse the wheels with a bucket of water (say one bucket for each wheel) or I must use jet wash, where I'm right now I don't have a jet wash available...

I don't know if this is the right section where post this, so mods feel free to move the topic.

Cheers.

Re: How to rinse correctly aluminum wheel cleaner.

Not sure what you mean by jet wash.

Generally, you would want to:

1. Wet the wheel
    2. Spray on a bit of the cleaner
    3. Use a brush or cloth, etc to agitate and work the cleaner around
    4. Rinse off the cleaner with water before it dries
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Normally you would just use a hose to rinse off. Even better would be a high pressure cleaner, but it sounds like you don't have access to one of those.

I suppose you could do it with a bucket if you had to, but it's not ideal. If that's the case, a watering can may work better than just a bucket.

Good luck!
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Not sure what you mean by jet wash.

Generally, you would want to:

1. Wet the wheel
        2. Spray on a bit of the cleaner
        3. Use a brush or cloth, etc to agitate and work the cleaner around
        4. Rinse off the cleaner with water before it dries
        Hello and thanks for the answer!

By jet wash I mean a high pressure cleaner like said by davey g-force, sorry I'm non native English

Using a 2L bottle of water to rinse off the cleaner would it be enough? I'm concern about damage any components (wheel, brake, ecc.)

Cheers.
        Last edited by Toki; Jul 3, 2014, 11:51 PM. Reason: Wrong English :)

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
          Normally you would just use a hose to rinse off. Even better would be a high pressure cleaner, but it sounds like you don't have access to one of those.

I suppose you could do it with a bucket if you had to, but it's not ideal. If that's the case, a watering can may work better than just a bucket.

Good luck!
          Hello and thanks for the answer!

You're right, unfortunately I can't use a high pressure cleaner, great idea the watering can, I haven't thought about it, for sure better than a bucket

Do you think that even using a 2L bottle of water (instead of the watering can) could be good enough to rinse off the whelk cleaner without damage any components (wheel, brake, ecc.)?

A pump sprayer could be another good solution?

Cheers.

Comment

Well, if not a hose, then a cloth/sponge would probably be needed to get the rinse water around as well.

Maybe sprayer, then cloth, then sprayer.

But rinsed clean at any rate.... however you find best to do it.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');