• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hello!

I've always used Meguiar's product for my cars, now I've bought my first black car, since it's second hand and the previous owner didn't care much about it's full of swirls and a few deep scratch, so I'm looking to buy my first DA polisher and detail my car on my own as car care and detailing is a passion instead of take it to some professional detailer service.

So I hope to find all the answers to some questions, on DA polisher and detailing, that I have prior to start this venture!

Cheers.

Re: Hello!

Welcome Toki - This is the place to be! There is so much to be learned here. You'll find answers to most all of your questions in these forums. There is a huge amount of information from very experienced professionals and detailing enthusiasts that share the same passion that you (and I) do. I am also new to this "obsession" and have a 7 year old black Toyota Tundra with 100K miles. I'm the original owner and have taken pretty good care of it over the years but it is my daily driver and has always lived outside in the California sun, so it needed a lot of help. I recently bought a Griot's Garage 6" DA polisher and used the Meguiar's DA Microfiber 5" Correction Kit. There's a lot of information about this kit, how to properly use it and the results you can expect in several threads in the forums. My results were excellent, even though I did several things "wrong" at first - a testament to how foolproof this system is, especially for a novice like myself. I finished up with a coat of Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax and I'm extremely happy with how my Tundra looks. There are so many excellent Meguiar's products to choose from and all of the members here have their favorites. One of the key comments you will see from the members is "find what you like and use it often". Best of luck on your new venture and have fun!

Comment

I'm sure you'll find everything you want to know about proper car care here at Meguiars Online aka MOL. Welcome \( ˆoˆ)/\(ˆoˆ )/

Comment

@ Randmill

Thank you for the kind welcome!

Do you have some picture or a dedicated thread about your work? I'll buy a DA polisher that if I understand correctly are very very similar to yours (DAS 6 pro) and I have to choose the pads kit to start with...

The weather in California can be tough for cars.

Cheers.

@ Tim909

Thank you!

Comment

Welcome to MOL!
          And yes, even when it's late and you don't feel like posting your own question, a simple detailed search on any Meguiars product # will generate tons of great info to soak up.

Comment

That's strange, I can't see the my response message that I've posted yesterday, anyone know why?

@ Eldorado2k

Thank you! I'm reading your topic on first DA purchase, great work and information!

Comment

Welcome to MOL Toki. Always something to learn here. Enjoy the sport... it's you vs the car/elements!
              Coach

Comment

This is a test reply.

I have posted other 2 replies that I don't view on the topic, is it a problem of my own or no one could see my other replies?

I wonder if I can see what I'm writing

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Comment

Not sure what happen with your 2 other replies.
                  I Can see your test reply.

Comment

I can see your test reply. Looks like all is well.

Comment

Now i see my other (previous) posts, maybe they was under moderation?

Comment

Originally posted by Toki View Post
                        @ Randmill

Thank you for the kind welcome!

Do you have some picture or a dedicated thread about your work? I'll buy a DA polisher that if I understand correctly are very very similar to yours (DAS 6 pro) and I have to choose the pads kit to start with...

The weather in California can be tough for cars.
                        I don't have any before/after pictures or a dedicated thread of my work. I wish I had thought to do that first but I just jumped in and started to work. It looks like the DAS 6 Pro is a pretty popular unit, particularly in Europe and Australia and does look to be very similar to my Griot's Garage unit. It should work well for you. I'll post some pics of my finished work in a few days - I have to travel on business the rest of this week.

As for pads or a kit for your DA, I am a big fan of the Meg's DA Microfiber Correction kit. It has everything you need to get started and achieve outstanding results, and at a very reasonable cost. There are so many different compounds, polishes and waxes to choose from, that your choices are virtually endless and everyone here and on the other forums all have their favorite chemicals and pads that they have found work well for them.

In my case, it turned out that I did almost every WRONG thing you can do; i.e. too much product, not cleaning the pads often enough, too high speed, too much pressure... and the list goes on. But I STILL got remarkable results on a 7 year old black vehicle that lives outside in the brutal California sun and had never had anything more than regular washes and a coat of wax a couple of times a year. This is a testament to how foolproof the DA Microfiber kit is.

Comment

Welcome to MOL. You will find lots of info on here that will help you out. Don't be afraid to ask any questions. We are all here to help each other.

There are lots of DA's on the market. You actually have access to one of the best DA's in the Rupes. The Duetto is the same size a Porter Cable, Griots Garage and the Meguiar's. I may have missed a copule DA's in there. I would go with foam pads first. If you need more correction then go with the microfiber pads.
                          99 Grand Prix
                          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');