• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DUB Wheel Cleaner Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUB Wheel Cleaner Review

There seems to be plenty of reviews on this wheel cleaner but I wanted to share my thoughts.

Not to long ago I needed to replace my front wheel barings on my F150 so while I was there I changed out my roters and of course my brake pads. Normaly I never let my wheels get that dirty so the face of the wheel wasent that bad so I decided to take one of them off and do the barrel.

It had a good amount of brake dust and other stuff stuck to the wheel from breaking in everything.

Sprayed on the wheel cleaner and watched the wheel turn red/purple color

The thing that gets me is the wait time. The instructions say to wait 3 to 5 minutes witch I did, Im used to waiting 30 seconds but no biggie im not in any hurry. I got my brush and agitated the cleaner.

I rinsed off the wheel and did another round to see how much more stuff it could clean off.

A little more came out.

Afters

I think it came out great, not bad for a 19 year old wheel. I ended up dong the face but nothing really happend, I only have one after of the face but this is after NXT 2.0 on the face of the wheel and hot shine spray on the tire.

I really like this wheel cleaner It cleans well and the color change is always cool. Everyone comments on the smell that it stinks but It didnt bother me at all.

Thanks for looking
    2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
    1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
    1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
    1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
    1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Re: DUB Wheel Cleaner Review

Nice review. The wheel came out looking good.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks for the review and I must say, it works pretty darn good from the looks of it. I was curious as to how great it performed but really didn't have much doubt considering it's a Meguiar's Product. Awesome job.

Comment

How would this do if head to head against trix or ironx?

Comment

Great review. I must say that when I first used this wheel cleaner I was pleasantly surprised. The cost is not bad at all either.
          Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
          www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
          Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Nice review! Impressive results...
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemin8r View Post
              Great review. I must say that when I first used this wheel cleaner I was pleasantly surprised. The cost is not bad at all either.
              I was also. It seems to go along way as well I think the first bottle I was using I did 4-5 cars and that was even spraying a lot on the wheel because I was testing it out, Good stuff.
              2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
              1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
              1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
              1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
              1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');