• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three Year Old car - Full of Swirls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Three Year Old car - Full of Swirls

I would not hesitate to go with UC/UP. If you don't have time then have that professional detailer do it. Just be sure you trust his work.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thankyou very much for the reply. I dont have any product (compound) in my hand. I need to buy one. And since these products are imported these are no cheap. Getting it done from a professional work shop is also not an option for me. I asked one pro here to get the car detailed and to seal it with cquartz ceramic coat, he charging somewhere near 50,000 rupees which comes roughly near 1000USD. And I dont find it economical for me. So I decided to do it myself with my products. I can but products, Compound, Cquartz for approx 200usd here. I will see if I can get a DA buffer. That will cost me approximate 100usd more.

One question I have. I've been theough some forums, people use to say that compounding cause the color to haze. I mean it may be removing the swirls but it cause dark colored cars to look a bit hazy after that. Is that true? Plus in AG forums, one person said that we need to polish after compounding. And cquartz does not bond properly if there is any wax on the car. Can you please shed some light on this?

Comment

It is possible that the paint can haze when using an aggressive method to remove defects. This is where polishing comes into play. It restores the clarity back into the paint while removing the haze that can appear when compounding. It is quite possible that you will not see hazing when using a compound. You have to see how the paint reacts to the method you are using. Just be sure that you get the paint where you want it because cquatz is a coating and a little more difficult to remove. If you are going to use cquartz then you can either do an IPA wipe or use someting like carpro eraser. I recommend you research a lot more prior to using the coating so you know what you are getting yourself into and what to expect.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Hm.. If I get the hazy paint, polishing it would remove. BUT, can we apply Cquartz after polishing? I mean will it bind with polish beneath it?

Comment

I have not used Cquartz so I can't comment on that other than to say to read the directions.
            There are LSP's out there that will require a clean surface.
            If this is the case, what you will need to do is a IPA wipedown before applying your LSP.
            2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Well Well Well ! I got a bottle of UP for 10USd today evening as I read somewhere thats its least abrasive and more of a polishing oils. Thought to try it on. But man, I wonder how people do the detailing with only Hands ! It took me 4 hrS of continuous work to completely coat the car with my trusted old 12V Polisher ! And man, it put a smile on my face. I dont know if it only filled the swirls. But for now, the car is looking Shiny. Checkout the photos. There is quite a difference UP made to the car and its color. Color is looking more deep and wet now.

Long Length of swirl and same treated

Side window Door. You can see, how the swirls are showing up all over the place. Second photo is the same area treated with Ultimate Polish.

Back Door Swirls

Treated

Comment

In the last pic, see the reflection of my White Tshirt !

Comment

Originally posted by Sarao View Post
                  Hm.. If I get the hazy paint, polishing it would remove. BUT, can we apply Cquartz after polishing? I mean will it bind with polish beneath it?
                  Originally posted by C8N View Post
                  I have not used Cquartz so I can't comment on that other than to say to read the directions.
                  There are LSP's out there that will require a clean surface.
                  If this is the case, what you will need to do is a IPA wipedown before applying your LSP.
                  I agree with this. Read the directions because in most cases a coating needs a clean surface.

Originally posted by Sarao View Post
                  In the last pic, see the reflection of my White Tshirt !
                  Looks good. Doing it by hand is tough. That is why most of us end up with a DA. If it was me, I would just use a sealant and hold off on the coating until you get a DA to get the surface defect free.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Nice work Sarao

It looks much better, but is still not perfect. I'd say you removed some of the very fine swirls, and UP masked some others, while some others are still visible. If that's the case, some swirls may start to reappear as the oils from the UP wear off.

I agree, seal it up with a sealant for now, until you get some UC and a DA!
                    Originally posted by Blueline
                    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

and do post pictures, ideally some before and after pics when you're all done.

Comment

One more thing I forgot to add. UP has also removed some very stubborn spots (mud, bugs, stains, stone marks etc) which I was not able to remove with any 0of the washes I had. These all were on the front Bumper.

Comment

I got today UC. Well, it did remove the swirls. But its not removing some scratches. I tried my best. Also, its leaving a trail or oil which is not buffing off using the mf cloth. Am I doing something wrong? Also, do it have fillers? I mean if I wash the car, swirls would come back?

Comment

There's no fillers in UC. So once you remove swirls/scratches with it, they're gone for good.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');