• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyota Single Stage... DC Pure Polish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Single Stage... DC Pure Polish?

Long-story-short:

I've got a '94 Toyota truck coming in next week single stage white.

Heavily oxidized. I'm out of #7 and it seems like I remember reading a thread where the Deep Crystal Pure Polish was similar to #7.

If so,I can prep the truck the evening before (wash/iron-x/clay) then apply the DC PP to soak overnight before the cutting/finishing steps begin the next morning.

The older bottle I have is a concern... but it seems to be "stable." I just have bad memories of leaving that stuff on 'too long' and having a very hard time removing.

If I need to go get a bottle of #7... so be it... was just trying to use what I have on hand.

OR I could just cut (machine- D/A) with UC and finish with UP since the consumer line has 'more oils' than M100 & M205... thus skipping the 'night soak' with a pure polish altogether and maybe the paint will absorb these oils from the Ultimate line and finish off nicely.

Opinions?

Re: Toyota Single Stage... DC Pure Polish?

DC is a pure polish much like #7 but not as effective, IMO. If you have any #80 around it also has a lot of the same oils as #7 and does a good job of removing oxidation from older SS Toyota paint. BUT #7 is unmatched as a glaze and it is usually available in almost any auto store.

FWIW, if you glaze and leave it for a while, #7 can be difficult to remove. To ease this removal reapply a bit more #7 to the stubborn places and it will re-liquify and removal is then a snap.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Jim,

Thanks for the feedback. I can live with 'not as effective'... and I don't have any 80 around. Great tip on 'reactivating' the pure polish! As long as some of the DC Polish oils get in the paint overnight... I'll be happy.

Comment

I guess you won't really know until you do a couple of test spots.

I'd be trying the UC / UP plan first...
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');