• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help me decide...M20, M21, or M26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me decide...M20, M21, or M26

I have always used UC, UP, and ULW but i am now moving over to the pro stuff.

So far i have the microfiber pad/compound & M205 to replace UC & UP but cant decide what to use for protection.
    I have read good things about them all, and sounds like i cant go wrong with any of them but before i pull the trigger i figured i would throw it out there. i understand one is a wax and the other is a sealant

this is more of a hobby for me, will mostly be used on my car and maybe a few friends as well.

thanks

I have no experience with these but i can tell u that a real popular choice would be #20 topped by #26. Just wait the 12 hour after putting #20 to put the #26 .

Comment

Re: help me decide...M20, M21, or M26

Any reason you are moving to the pro line of products?

ULW is currently Meguiars longest lasting wax- consumer or pro line of products.

Comment

Out of those three, I would say M21. It will last the longest of those three as well.

What colour is your car?
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by pjoseph24 View Post
          I have always used UC, UP, and ULW but i am now moving over to the pro stuff.

So far i have the microfiber pad/compound & M205 to replace UC & UP but cant decide what to use for protection.
          I have read good things about them all, and sounds like i cant go wrong with any of them but before i pull the trigger i figured i would throw it out there. i understand one is a wax and the other is a sealant

this is more of a hobby for me, will mostly be used on my car and maybe a few friends as well.

thanks
          It's only natural that you want to try some pro products. Sounds like you got the compound and polish taken care of. Be sure to keep UC and UP. They still come in handy. As someone stated ultimate wax is the current longest lasting wax of each product line. Out of the three you have listed M21 is the longest lasting. M21 is often referred to as the pro version of NXT. M20 is a cleaner sealant and a very good one. A good product for quick details. With proper maintenance UW, M21 and M20 should last about the same amount of time. M26 is a hybrid wax meaning it's both synthetic and carnauba. The M21/M26 combo is very popular and it looks great.

I moved up to the pro line as well but still use UW or M21. M21 takes about 10-15 min's to haze prior to being removed. UW can be removed in about 3-5 mins on the panel it is applied to. I noticed the UW can sometimes not haze like a traditional wax. Also M21 and UW need about 12-24 hours before a second coat or being topped with something like M26. I recommend you play around with UW, M21 and M26.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');