• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just picked up some #7 Show Car Glaze!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up some #7 Show Car Glaze!

Hey all, so I decided to cure my curiosity and finally get myself a bottle of #7 and can't wait to try it out, hopefully tomorrow morning. It says on the bottle that it can be applied by DA yet I havn't heard much mention from people about applying it that way. What do y,all think? Is DA application encouraged or discouraged? If using Lake Country flat foam pads, would the black finishing pad be ideal to work with? Also, how long can #7 be "worked" compared to Ultimate Polish? I'd like to hear from anyone who's had experience using this product. Thanks.

Re: Just picked up some #7 Show Car Glaze!

I applied it by hand the last few times I have used it. I recommend a real thin application or you will get frustrated in removing it. When I apply it I apply it to a couple panels and then go back and remove. It is not supposed to dry on the paint. It also has no correction ability so a the black pad should work fine.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
      Hey all, so I decided to cure my curiosity and finally get myself a bottle of #7 and can't wait to try it out, hopefully tomorrow morning. It says on the bottle that it can be applied by DA yet I havn't heard much mention from people about applying it that way. What do y,all think? Is DA application encouraged or discouraged? If using Lake Country flat foam pads, would the black finishing pad be ideal to work with? Also, how long can #7 be "worked" compared to Ultimate Polish? I'd like to hear from anyone who's had experience using this product. Thanks.
      What's the year, make and model of the car you are using it on? #7 is really designed for single stage paints, you can use it on CC and it will look fantastic, but the results will be short lived.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
      "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

It's a 97' Cadillac SLS. Light metallic green. I'm taking the bottles word for it when it says "effective on all paint finishes" Mainly, I just need to find out for myself if I'm missing out on any potential shine. I've got my trunk divided with a piece of tape and about to try it out with the DA on speed 3/black pad. Wish me luck:p

Comment

One other tip is to follow up with a wax to "lock" in M7 so it doesn't wash off. M26 works very well.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

So how did it go?
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Well I've done a couple of projects since my last post.. 1st was the trunklid. I taped it down the middle and started off by giving the right side a proper lengthy pass with UC w/Orange pad. Then I began with the #7 on the Black pad. 4 dots on the pad to start, and 3 dots thereafter.. After the 1st pass I saw little, just a very little difference as the paint seemed deeper and slightly glossier. I gave it another couple passes then switched to a blue finessing pad and proceeded to finesse the daylights out of it, applying little polish and working it in for a long time until there was only a thin film left to wipe off. Final impressions? Well the right side does look a whole heck of alot better than the left. I cant help but wonder how much the initial pass with UC has to do with it. But I could swear it looked better & better with each pass I gave it with the #7. In total I must have done between 6-8 passes. The swirls are almost completely gone now. Cant wait to test out on the left side.

Comment

I also corrected the swirled up fenders on the Trailblazer tonite and applied the #7 after using UC to correct the scratches. Very noticable darkening after the #7. It looked great with just UC, but the #7 took it to another level!

Comment

Are all the swirls and scratches removed after you finished the UC step or only after the #7 step?

I ask because #7 is a very, very good swirl and scratch filler.

Comment

You are probably seeing the ability of UC correcting the paint and M7 filling in the remaining defects. M7 has no correcting ability. It does give that wet look.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

@Selectchoice. Thats the thing I still havnt been able to figure out for sure. I kept wondering if I was somehow fooling myself into seeing a gradual increase in gloss, along with the minimizing of swirls with each pass. But it's been 3 days now. And my trunk remains as is. Heck, I even left the small trace line from the masking tape which shows the difference between both sides.. 1 thing I do know for sure, I was pleased with my decision to start off with a proper long pass with UC to start things off, but I wasnt "wowed" by the results. Dont get me wrong, I was happy, but it didnt compare to the increased curiosity I kept getting after each pass with the #7. I made sure to follow the directions and use just a little bit of product and worked it in for a good long pass, taking my time with it. The only reason I didnt do more was because the sun came up and it began to get too hot to work I showed it to a co worker today, he shares the same interests in keeping his car clean.. And he noticed the difference between both sides as well.

Comment

By passes I mean applications* I made sure to clean on fly using a terry cloth towel after each application.. By the way, since #7 doesnt have any abrasives in it, can it be applied over my existing layer of wax without stripping it?

Comment

You can, but it won't last more than a few days. You would then have to lock in the M7 with another coat of wax, which is counter-productive.

Also, even though it doesn't have any abrasives, just the rubbing action of applying / removing M7 may diminish your wax somewhat.
                          Originally posted by Blueline
                          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                            @Selectchoice. Thats the thing I still havnt been able to figure out for sure. I kept wondering if I was somehow fooling myself into seeing a gradual increase in gloss, along with the minimizing of swirls with each pass. But it's been 3 days now. And my trunk remains as is.
                            #7 has a lot of polishing oils. These will hide swirls easily, they can even hide some scratches (depending on the severity), and make some sorts of clear coat failure "disappear"- temporarily. Don't ask how I know....

A car wash or two will usually remove the oils and any hidden, ie swirls/scratches not removed by UC, will return.

I'm not saying you have any, just saying #7 can be a visual trickster sometimes. lol

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');