• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

I was under the impression that M7 does not do anything on clearcoat. Wax looks good. good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Daniel View Post
      Very nice results you got there, it sure is neat seeing water sheeting off like that. Natural Shine I have always liked using on the dash.
      Thanks

Originally posted by sunday joe View Post
      I was under the impression that M7 does not do anything on clearcoat. Wax looks good. good job.
      Thanks. You can use it on clear coat with no issues. Of course we all know how well it works on single stage paints.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Had some much needed rain here in So Cal. Ultimate wax seems to still be holding on strong 7 months after the initial application. M26 seemed provided a nice sacrificial barrier for ultimate wax as it was applied a back in April. I have not spray waxed the car in a month. Here are some beading photos.

Rain on the hood

Rain on the roof

Night shot of rain on the roof

99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Cool, I love a good beading shot.
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Here's another cool beading shot. Tiny beads from the morning fog.

99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Great job looks great
              auto detailing in Lexington Kentucky

Detailing cars in lexington

Comment

Originally posted by roger3380 View Post
                Great job looks great
                Thanks.

Not really detailing related but after owning this car for 15 1/2 years, it finally hit 100K miles on the odometer. I still remember the day I drove it off the Pontiac dealer lot with 12 miles.

99 Grand Prix
                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Nice shot of the odometer.^ Alot of people miss out on the chance of taking those kind of pix or don't think about it until after the fact..

Not quite as extensive as a spreadsheet, but I too have been meaning to get a calender to keep track of when/how many washes the cars I maintain get. It helps to get a better idea of when it's due for another coat of wax.

Just curious, at what point did you you become OCD? [like the rest of us here lol]

Comment

To quote Barry Megiuar I am "car crazy". I've been an avid car guy for a long time. The car I always wanted was a 69 Camaro SS. Thus why I bought myself an 02 Camaro SS a few years ago. I'll create a thread for this one soon.

I've been taking care of my Grand Prix from the moment I bought it. I did a lot by hand back in the day with Meguiar's A12 cleaner wax then moved to NXT, then to the ultimate line and eventually to machine polishing. I also used the Mothers line by hand from time to time but I always come back to Meguiar's. To answer your question about being OCD this didn't happen until recently. It was easier to keep track of when I put stuff on the paint so I know how long something lasts or when it's time to apply another coat of wax. It also gives me a good idea of how long a certain wax or combinations lasts.
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

By OCD I simply meant Car Crazy aka the type of guy who's into keeping his car clean & waxed. The reason I ask is because I'm wondering how in the world you could have clearcoat failure in some areas._. *stumped*

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                        By OCD I simply meant Car Crazy aka the type of guy who's into keeping his car clean & waxed. The reason I ask is because I'm wondering how in the world you could have clearcoat failure in some areas._. *stumped*
                        Typical GM crappy paint. It's a common problem for w-body cars ranging from 97-03 Grand Prix's, 97-03 Buick Regal's, 2000-2004 Impala's/Monte Carlo's.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Was a little bored today so I polished out the exhaust tips on my borla cat back.

This is what they looked like a few months ago after using Meguiar's DUB metal polish. They looked ok. The drivers side was the worst.

Today I polished them up using a couple metal polishes.

Used P21S Multi Surface Finish Restorer + 0000 steel wool since it's more abrasive to remove the heavy carbon build up and bring back some shine to the the tips. I followed that up with Meguiar's Fine Cut metal polish which is less abrasive to bring out the shine a little more and microfiber. Sealed everything with Wolfgang Acrylic Metal Sealant. The sides of the tips just got Meguiar's Fine Cut Metal Polish.

Here's the passenger side. Same process.

Compared to All Metal polish from a few months ago.

99 Grand Prix
                          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Looking good Michael!
                            Originally posted by Blueline
                            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Noticable difference between products used. Looks good

Comment

Finally got my new set of wheels. No more black wheels.

Black wheels are: Falken Koblenz 18x8, +35 offset on a 245/45-18 tire

Silver wheels are: Boss Style 353 Concave 18x8, +35 offset on a 245/45-18 tire

Tires are wearing ultimate black tire coating and Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating.

99 Grand Prix
                                02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');