• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix

The wheels look great Michael. Big improvement.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thanks. It took me a year to find something that I like. A good buddy of mine on a grand prix forum recommended these and they were finally available. I like them much better.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Well it's been awhile since I polished my car as I have been polishing other peoples cars. I went with a quick wash, paint decon, clay polish and trying something new with sealing. Some photos.

Started off with the aggressive wash method courtesy of Mike Phillips.

Ironx doing it's thing

Gold Class foam bath.

The paint was in good shape with light defects or love marks as Larry Kossila would say. So M205 on a yellow foam polishing disc was used. By the way my MT300 went out again on me while polishing my own car. I limped along with it and eventually switched back to my PC7424XP.

50/50 of the pillars. There was some slight DA haze left behind from using M205 on a 3" lake country hydro tech tangerine polishing pad. It was not a big deal and I left it as is since this is the last time I am polishing it until I drop it off for a repaint in a couple months.

I decided to play around with some polycharger and M21. Polycharger has been discontinued. I wanted something that would boost the curing time of M21 by cutting that in half instead of the 12 hours. It is supposed to rain here and that is why I decided to play around with some polycharger. The front and rear bumper only got M7 and M21 as the paint is faded so much that I don't want to polish it with anything abrasive. The rear bumper already has clear coat failure.

Some afters

99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Nice work as always Mike.
          Your car always looks good. That silver just shimmers.
          I have to buckle down and remember to order IronX one of these days.
          What kind of foam gun do you have? I guess you caught me by surprise with the Gold Class foam bath. Looks like it works.
          What was your dilution?

Comment

Originally posted by Spazzz View Post
            Nice work as always Mike.
            Your car always looks good. That silver just shimmers.
            I have to buckle down and remember to order IronX one of these days.
            What kind of foam gun do you have? I guess you caught me by surprise with the Gold Class foam bath. Looks like it works.
            What was your dilution?

Thanks. I have an Adams foam gun. I used 3 ounces of gold class in the foam gun and filled the rest with water. Worked pretty good and it had decent foam.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');