• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ult-Wash & Wax - Marks on paintwork ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ult-Wash & Wax - Marks on paintwork ?

Hi guys.

Ive recently bought a brand new VW Golf GTI, and proceeded to buy the whole range of Megs product, including the Ultimate Wash and Wax.

Now, for some reason, after washing and drying the car with a drying towel, there seems to be a lot of excess white marks all over the whole car. They look like dried water.

To remove this I have to go over the whole car again with a microfibre cloth to clean all the excess, which looks to be dried wax ?

Am I doing some wrong ?

Should I be using this product on a new car ?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rich.

Btw, here is the new car

Re: Ult-Wash & Wax - Marks on paintwork ?

Any ideas guys ?

Comment

I have never had an issue with this soap. Are you using the proper mix to water? I believe it is 1 ounce per 1 gallon. It could be that you are using too much soap in your mixture. Are you also washing in the shade or in direct sun?

Also it sounds like you are removing any excess soap residue with just a dry micrfiber. I would recommend you use some detail spray to remove the excess. Rubbing a dry microfiber on the paint can casue scratches.

I like to use either ultimate quik detailer or ultimate quik wax after drying my car.

A good washing reference video in in this thread.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yeah, in the long run, Gold Class soap and drying with Ult. Quick Wax is probably the better combo...

But have not heard of that issue.

How long is the soap drying on the paint for?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

How do you know it's the UWW?

Is there any wax / sealant / coating on the paint prior to you washing it?

What's your exact washing / drying technique? Are you rinsing the UWW off?
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
            I have never had an issue with this soap. Are you using the proper mix to water? I believe it is 1 ounce per 1 gallon. It could be that you are using too much soap in your mixture. Are you also washing in the shade or in direct sun?

Also it sounds like you are removing any excess soap residue with just a dry micrfiber. I would recommend you use some detail spray to remove the excess. Rubbing a dry microfiber on the paint can casue scratches.

I like to use either ultimate quik detailer or ultimate quik wax after drying my car.

A good washing reference video in in this thread.
            http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...Series-Washing
            Cheers for the link

Yep, mixture is spot on.

I'll stay clear of using a micro fibre for now then just in case.

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
            Yeah, in the long run, Gold Class soap and drying with Ult. Quick Wax is probably the better combo...

But have not heard of that issue.

How long is the soap drying on the paint for?
            I immediately rinse the soap off once I've finished washing the car, and its dried off with a drying towel.

Yeah I might use the Gold class next and see what results I get.

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
            How do you know it's the UWW?

Is there any wax / sealant / coating on the paint prior to you washing it?

What's your exact washing / drying technique? Are you rinsing the UWW off?
            The paint was ceramic coated from the dealers, but they said cleaning it shouldn't be an issue ?

Shall I use a wax free wash ?

Comment

what was your washing method? in the mid day sun? What you are describing "sounds" like mineral deposits from water drying. The wax in the soap is minimal and is more of a gloss enhancing agent than a stand alone wax, therefore it alone doesnt leave a waxy film unless it was glooped onto the car.... which im sure you didnt do!

I would suggest washing your vehicle in the early morning or last hour before sunset-- both are the absence of sun and heat from the car. Its nice and peaceful and you can have the time all to yourself if youre up early enough!

Also, i recommend using a drying medium that is SUPER absorbent and plush so that in case you come over a region that was missed in the washing process it can more safely pick up any dirt particles.

I think the above combination would prove to be useful in solving the problem.

ALSO, if washing without a pressure washer on the finish rinse, REMOVE any attachment and let the water flow out at a medium rate and use the water to FLOOD the car, attempting to keep the water together as much as possible. Start and the top and work down the sides. In doing this, the water wants to stay together to maximize its surface with the smallest surface area-- meaning it likes to stay with other water molecules. So in the end there is much less water on the car that needs removal and the paint is touched less.... you will dry the car faster and easier due to less to remove..

Hope these help--- welcome to the fun zone

Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses
              OCDCarCare.com | FACEBOOK| Detailing Article Archive | INSTAGRAM
              2013 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, 2015 SEMA Car Crazy Corral

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');