• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings From Charleston, SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings From Charleston, SC

Hi to everyone on the board. I was in the military for 22 yrs and retired in 2006. I'm 54 yrs old now, Wow! Did it go by fast! Anyhow, I luv cars. I've had a lot over the last 38 yrs, from 70 Chevelle SS's, 70 Plymouth 340 Duster, Nissan Skyline, GMC Jimmy's, 87 Cutlass, 5 Different Silverados, a Chevy Avalanche, and the 2011 Black Chevy Silverado I currently have. I'd luv to be able to make this thing shine. Currently dirty due to laziness and winterish weather, yes even in Charleston we had some wintry weather. Definitely will be perusing the forum for starting from zero to all the way through a good shine. I just bought a Mequiar's DA polisher (the bigger one) and ready to get started. Cheers!!!!

Welcome to ur 1st step at becoming an addict with OCD. We all here started out the same way and meguiars just makes it better I think. Anyways if u don't know the 5 step process that's were u will want to start. Ur starting off nice with the polisher but I suggest going with the soft buff 2.0 pads. I just prefer to keep it all meguiars.

Comment

Awesome 1st post. Welcome to MOL!

Comment

Re: Greetings From Charleston, SC

Welcome to a fellow gearhead in SC I was in Charleston the past two weekends at the beach
        Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
        4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
        First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Re: Greetings From Charleston, SC

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
          Welcome to ur 1st step at becoming an addict with OCD. We all here started out the same way and meguiars just makes it better I think. Anyways if u don't know the 5 step process that's were u will want to start. Ur starting off nice with the polisher but I suggest going with the soft buff 2.0 pads. I just prefer to keep it all meguiars.

Yes, I have the 2 different pads, one is yellow the other is black (looks dark gray or black). Just looking to wash it, dry it, appl swirl X to the paint because I have swirl marks in the black paint & then wax it with Mequiars Black Wax. I haven't heard anyone talk about this wax. (the forum is hard to find exact things on it).

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');