• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just washed a car, a few hours later ran through a puddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just washed a car, a few hours later ran through a puddle

Just have a brand new car

Got it from the dealer and drove around 100 miles on it. Drove through 1 puddle that I couldn't avoid.

This time I will wash it since I have no idea what the dealer did although I did pay for the extra clear coat

So next time this happens and I get the car home and notice some splash marks on the doors, can I just rinse them and put some quick detailer on the or a new wash is in order?

Also from personal experiences, how well do the car splash guards work? I do not have them but after driving around today, wow my car is dirty.

Thanks for any help and advice

Re: Just washed a car, a few hours later ran through a puddle

Congrats on the new car.

The safest way to deal with the scenario you've mentioned (other than a traditional 2 bucket wash) is to clean the splash marks up with a waterless or rinseless wash.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Yes, congrats on the new car. I agree with ^^^^^^^^^^, however you should clay, polish and wax that new vehicle. I have used Meguiar's Ultimate Wax just recently on my new car, and it seems less splash sticks, than on an unwaxed car. Might be just my perception, however, just a strong rinse with a hose, was enough to get mud splashes off my car yesterday.

As for mud flaps...no experience with them, but in my humble opinion, I would rather deal with a little splash now and then, than the look of mud flaps on my car 100% of the time. Fine look for a truck, but not a car.

Comment

Dont feel bad. One time I washed my car in the drive way and just moping up the drips, when out of nowhere I was bombed by a goose.
        Extreme Radiance Detailing

2001 C5 Corvette - Black
        2010 LT2 Camaro - Victory Red

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');