• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

26 vs Ultimate wax question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26 vs Ultimate wax question

I have a 71 Buick in Artic White with a urethane clear coat. Would I get a better deeper look if I used Ultimate Paste Wax topped by liquid 26, the other way around or with one wax, sealant by itself. I normally use NXT2 but wanted to try something different.

Re: 26 vs Ultimate wax question

A sealant (synthetic wax) should be applied before topping with a carnauba. On white you probably won't notice a difference with either NXT or ultimate wax topped with M26. It doesn't hurt to experiment.

My 02 camaro is arctic white and that just has a sealant. I tried a test spot with carnauba on it and didn't notice any change. The sealant gave me the gloss factor. As they say the look is all in the prep work. So a polish would be my recommendation to you before you apply anything.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

^^ Agree with all of this.

I doubt you'll notice a difference on white. But hit it with a finishing polish such as M205 or UP first and you probably will!
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

My car is silver and I noticed that any wax would be great.
        I use Ultimate Wax because of its longevity. What I do is to alternate between Cleaner Wax and UW.

Comment

The results from just using Ultimate paste Paste seems less "wet" looking and less perceived depth on white than what I saw when I just used NXT. This was the reason for my 26 question. I will take a better look when I get home today.

Comment

I used NXT and Synthetic Sealant before UW.
            For my silver car, I see not any much difference between Cleaner Wax, NXT and UW. If there is a difference, it's not much.

Comment

Originally posted by eagleguy View Post
              The results from just using Ultimate paste Paste seems less "wet" looking and less perceived depth on white than what I saw when I just used NXT. This was the reason for my 26 question. I will take a better look when I get home today.
              Give M26 over NXT a try. That is a good combo. I like NXT/M21 on lighter colored cars. I read on here than UW can darken a cars paint. If I find the thread I will post it up.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');