• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metallic light blue 2003 Honda Odyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallic light blue 2003 Honda Odyssey

Hey everyone so I have another question. My parents just picked up a 2003 Honda Odyssey with a light blue metallic paint finish and after going over it I noticed that it definitely needs attention. I've never worked on a light colored vehicle before so I don't really know what to use in terms of wax. I've always used the ultimate line (wax polish compound quick detailer and quick wax) on my dark blue metallic pearl effect 2001 Audi A6. For the minivan this is the method I'm planning

1. Wash with UW&W or gold class
    2. Clay bar
    3. Compound
    4. Polish
    5. Wax

My question is what wax should I use on the light blue van for the best results in terms of looks, protection, and shine? I been eyeballing the white wax lately but can I use that on the light blue finish?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.
    2001 Audi A6 Avant (wagon)
    Ming Blue Pearl Effect metallic

2019 Nissan Sentra SV Special Edition
    Super Black

Re: Metallic light blue 2003 Honda Odyssey

The White Wax is a cleaner/wax, so quite different from the ULW, Gold Class, etc.

If you are looking at protection and durability, then ULW will be the place to start.

As far as products, the same theory holds for any color paint. Just have to work on it, see how workable / easy to correct it is, and go from there.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      The White Wax is a cleaner/wax, so quite different from the ULW, Gold Class, etc.

If you are looking at protection and durability, then ULW will be the place to start.

As far as products, the same theory holds for any color paint. Just have to work on it, see how workable / easy to correct it is, and go from there.
      I know this has been covered before maybe but I'm really leaning on using white wax on it. If I do do I have to top it up with ULW or can I just stay with white wax?

Super Black

Comment

White wax is a good choice with its cleaning ability it will polish the finish to a high gloss. I have used it on a red Camry with great results. Personally I use NXT 2.0 on my white F150 and has a great look.
        2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
        1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
        1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
        1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
        1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

Originally posted by audi_nicoya209 View Post
          I know this has been covered before maybe but I'm really leaning on using white wax on it. If I do do I have to top it up with ULW or can I just stay with white wax?
          You can do as much or as little as you want.

Because White Wax is a cleaner wax, or "All In One" (AIO), you can combine your steps 4 & 5 and just leave it at that.

Or if you have the time / desire, you can combine steps 4 & 5 and then top with a more durable wax like ULW.

Or if you have the time / desire, you can do step 4, the step 5 with WW and then top with a more durable wax like ULW.

Up to you really...
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
            You can do as much or as little as you want.

Because White Wax is a cleaner wax, or "All In One" (AIO), you can combine your steps 4 & 5 and just leave it at that.

Or if you have the time / desire, you can combine steps 4 & 5 and then top with a more durable wax like ULW.

Or if you have the time / desire, you can do step 4, the step 5 with WW and then top with a more durable wax like ULW.

Up to you really...
            I agree with this. With white wax you can expect it to last about 2-3 months. It's great for those quick details.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yeah,

Wash
              Clay if needed
              a cleaner/wax
              Wax

is a pretty solid quick detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                Yeah,

Wash
                Clay if needed
                a cleaner/wax
                Wax

is a pretty solid quick detail.
                this most likely the route I'm going to take with it. I bought a tube of white wax and I noticed the double sided applicator pad. How does that work? One side is foam and the other microfiber looking?

Super Black

Comment

You would use the MF side for more cleaning, or mild defect removal ability if needed.

Feels a little thin though. If going with foam, I'd look for some of the yellow ones Hi-Tec ones...

Comment

The microfiber side will give you a little more bite and utilize the cleaning/correcting ability of the white wax. The foam side is if you use it as a typical wax.

Edit Murr beat me to it
                    99 Grand Prix
                    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Ok so I thought I'd revisit this thread. Last night I finally got around to working on the minivan and I went with these steps

1) washed with gold class shampoo

2) clay bar

3) ultimate compound

4) white wax

5) topped off with ultimate quick wax

This is the first time ever I work on a light colored vehicle and I gotta say that it gave it a beautiful gloss and smooth to the touch appearance and yes it's smooth to the touch. One thing tho is that I noticed that even after claying the hood still feels a tad bumpy. What's going on there?

Super Black

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');