• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate wax vs collinite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate wax vs collinite

Originally posted by LS1BERLINA View Post
    And just one more question, I usually prep the paint with clay followed by A12 cleaner wax, color x, scratch x or ultimate polish depending on needs/time. And maintain with UQW. Im assuming UW will sit fine over all of these?
    All Meguiar's products work together. All good.
    Paul Marmarinos
    Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
    "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Really, where from? I have a dark blue car so the paste might work better on that.
      Maybe not. I can't remember where I bought mine.
      Paul Marmarinos
      Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
      "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Thanks guys.

Alfisti - That's OK, Ill start with the liquid for now.

Comment

Well I started looking for ULW today and Aus retailers want $60 for it! I can get either the paste or liquid delivered from the states for less than that, now seriously considering the paste version.

Comment

Can't blame you for looking on line for Maguire's at that ripppppoff price down there. Up here in Canada we an get it for 35$CDN not on sale at Canadian Tire. Paste is like a higher end hand/body lotion in a jar, it's been a comparison in terms of how wax and lotions are similar since you put them on last after getting good and clean to keep you skin in good shape.

What are you driving down there? If you've posted any Picture on these forums just leave a link. I've looked up some Australian cars and there are some that would be nice to import up to Canada.

Comment

Keeping a 12/13 old car in such good shape should be a pretty good indication of your dedication to owning it.

Comment

LS1BERLINA, Supercheap Auto had a 20% Off Storewide sale over the Easter holidays - you should have taken advantage of that!

UW normally retails at about $50 there, so the 20% discount would bring it down to about $40...
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

When you say harder to clean up, what do you mean exactly? Like harder to remove or does ULW release dirt better from the paint or what?
                  I was referring to clean up of my waxing pads..

Comment

BUMP!

Finally got around to trying UW liquid tonight. Last week I clayed, cleaner waxed and collinite on the bonnet, roof and front bar. Don't know what happened (could have been the humidity) but the collinite turned out a horrible streaky mess. I was in the local auto parts store and they were selling small UW bottles with the black DA pads on sale so I grabbed one.

So re-washed the car, left the roof alone, applied deep crystal wet look cleaner wax to the whole car (I think this is exactly the same stuff as A12 cleaner wax but re labelled for sale in Aus). The cleaner wax is such an awesome dependable product that never gives me any issues. Then I applied the UW. The smell was pleasant, not as good as I remember NXT though, but much better than collinite. Wow this stuff spreads thin! Not having to worry about the trim was also awesome (I had a few beers so was probably starting to get sloppier by this stage). I let it dry around 5 to 10 mins and it mostly just seemed to disappear by itself? I hardly had to buff, very little to no streaks.

I'll update with looks and durability seeing as the roof still has the collinite on it, but in the garage the panels with UW look much darker and deeper, the collinite looks sterile in comparison (this is on dark blue).

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');