• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate wax vs collinite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate wax vs collinite

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some opinions from people who have used both ultimate wax (liquid or paste) and Collinite (specifically 845), in particular how they compare in terms of durability.

Back in the day when I had more time on my hands I used and loved nxt 2.0, but then I switched to collinite because I had to go longer between wax jobs. Don't get me wrong, collinite is a good wax but if I can have everything nxt gave me with some more longevity (similar to collinite) I will make the switch. Cheers.

Re: Ultimate wax vs collinite

I have used both extensively. I think ULW and UPW last at least as long as 845 if not a little longer, but not quite as long as 915, or 476. Really can't go wrong with either line.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the feedback, I think I will go ahead and get some ultimate wax, most likely the ULW as the paste is not available in Australia.

Comment

Don't know if I am too late for a recommendation, but I will pretty much echo RPPM here, and give strong approval for both. They have very similar longevities, but for ease of access, ULW cannot be beat. From my experience, 845 tends to draw a little more dust and not bead quite as tight as ULW (If you appreciate a good bead). However, 845 is THE EASIEST wax I have ever removed, goes on suuuuuuuper thin, and buffs clean with a flick of the wrist.

Cannot go wrong with either.
        Griffith Hawk

Comment

Awesome, I cant wait to give it a try now, I hope its as easy to apply and smells and looks as good as the nxt did.

Comment

I think you won't be disappointed...
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

there both good waxes . It comes down to personal preference. Collinite 845 little harder to clean up then ULW

Comment

When you say harder to clean up, what do you mean exactly? Like harder to remove or does ULW release dirt better from the paint or what?

Comment

I'd say it depends on how good you have prepared the paint for the wax to start with. Clay bar, polish and wax so the wax is doing it's job as protecting the paint. Since you're posting in the forums (something I haven't done I a while) you probably do know what to do to get the best out of any wax. I haven't put any wax on my current car since I bought it in Feb and the weather up her in Canada (a land up and over) has been cold and it's still snowing I haven't gotten a chance to put on the ULW on my new car. On my last car I did use it and it did last longer and I had put the two coats on two weeks apart or so. I hadn't even heard of the Collinate wax so I can't make a personal comparison but I hope the other posters have told you what you need to know. Obviously you'll have a better idea once you have it on your car for awhile and the Australian fall shows you how I is going to treat your car. Winter up here in Canada has been unusually long and lots more snow than we have had for decades.

Comment

Both 845 and UW are excellent. I use both. My feeling is that UW looks better (esp on dark colours) and lasts a bit longer.
                    Paul Marmarinos
                    Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                    "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Btw, UW paste IS available in Australia.
                      Paul Marmarinos
                      Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                      "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by Alfisti View Post
                        Btw, UW paste IS available in Australia.
                        Really, where from? I have a dark blue car so the paste might work better on that.

Comment

And just one more question, I usually prep the paint with clay followed by A12 cleaner wax, color x, scratch x or ultimate polish depending on needs/time. And maintain with UQW. Im assuming UW will sit fine over all of these?

Comment

I would think that UW should work fine on any clean surface from any polish.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1BERLINA View Post
                              And just one more question, I usually prep the paint with clay followed by A12 cleaner wax, color x, scratch x or ultimate polish depending on needs/time. And maintain with UQW. Im assuming UW will sit fine over all of these?
                              UW will work great with either of these. Colorx and UW is a nice combo.
                              99 Grand Prix
                              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');