• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reason to clean wax applicator pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason to clean wax applicator pad?

After reading the comments of others here, after washing the cars, I always rinse all my towels in soap water. Today, however, as I was running my applicator pad (I got it with Meguiars Gold Class carnuba) for wax, I started thinking---its not like this pad is going to be picking up a lot of dirt. And as soon as I start using it, it will get waxed up again. So why bother cleaning it?

Do these wax applicator pads need to be cleaned thoroughly of all wax? Or could I just rinse it under water briefly, to make sure there isn't any dirt?

Re: Reason to clean wax applicator pad?

Well, you don't really want the wax drying up on/in the pad. That could cause problems when you go to use it next...
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
      Well, you don't really want the wax drying up on/in the pad. That could cause problems when you go to use it next...
      You mean, it would be bad to have the wax caking on the pad?

Comment

All of my applicators get washed just like my MF towels. Pre rinsed with HOT water, then into the washer with a perfume and dye free detergent and a touch of degreaser. Dry on low or no heat.
        Mike Sommer
        FirehouseDetail.com
        Facebook.com/FirehouseMobileDetail

Comment

I wash mine by hand after I use any foam applicators. I soak them with APC and let them sit for a little bit and then rinse them in warm/hot water. Just to be sure I will add a drop of dish washing soap to remove anything else in the pad.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by prr View Post
            You mean, it would be bad to have the wax caking on the pad?
            Yes. Well it can't be good anyway. It would increase the potential for marring IMO.
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Alright, you talked me into it. I'll wash them like I do my other towels/pads, with soapy water, a few times.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');