• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you include in your price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you include in your price?

As im sitting here thinking of what im going to include in my price of 150 for a full detail im thinking of all these little extras.

Do you guys include or charge extra for spot removal on carpets seats? As f right now i plan to include vacuuming, shampooing agitating with a soft brush, then wiping down and vacuuming again. Spot removal of stubborn spots could take a while and i want to be able to stream line this to take an hour for the interior or close to it for a small car.

For the exterior im thinking 3 hours maximum which includes thoroughly cleaning the tires and rims to remove brake dust, cleaning the fender wells, thorough hand washing with meguiars gold class wash, clay bar, polishing with ultimate compound, and applying ultimate sealant. But now im thinking of polishing chrome, applying wax to rims/hub caps, tail pipes etc. Tail pipes i will at least clean with some wheel & tire cleaner (i use cleaner safe for all wheels), but how long does it take you guys to do these things?a

I want people to go to me for my attention to detail and i want to include these things but i also dont want to be taking 10 hours on a single car.

Your polishing step alone could take 4+ hours if your going for a correction to swirl free. If your just going to run over it quick and get what you get, I suppose it can be done in an hour on that step.

Get wheel Meguiars brightener and also the Meguiars wheel and tire cleaner, bulk gallons, two spray bottles, a good long and soft brush. Hit the wheel with brightener and the rubber with wheel and tire cleaner. Scrub the wheel and rewet as needed with brightener. When wheel is done, wet it once more and then rewet the rubber with product and do a quick scrub.

Rinse.

This will take all but horribly neglected wheels and tires back to amazing looking in about 3-4 minutes each.
    Doing the best I can with what I've got.

Comment

With a RFEW wash, clay flat surfaces, and a single DA pass with D151, I spend a couple hours on the exterior. On the interior, hit any stains first thing with Folex or similar and let sit. Give it a good scrub and when you vacuum it should come right up. I'll spend a couple hours inside too. Add an hour for misc things ( jambs, wheels, ect) and a I'll be in a car for 5 hours.
      It's important to talk to the customer about what their concerns are on the vehicle and what they want to really look good. Some of my customers could care less about swirls, but want the interior perfect. Others are opposite that. Find out where you want to be on a hourly basis and price from there. I try to be $40-50 per hour and my services by the package reflect that. Check out the "see what's included" button on my homepage to see how I package my services by price. You'll get a feel for how long different steps take and be better at them too with more practice and experience.
      Mike
      www. FirehouseDetail. com
      Mike Sommer
      FirehouseDetail.com
      Facebook.com/FirehouseMobileDetail

Comment

Re: What do you include in your price?

Thats good info guys thanks and im still checking out your site mike, good stuff on there! Im starting to not care about how long it takes so much anymore and upping the expected time frame. I want it done right, i want people to be wowed im not trying to get it done as fast as possible. Thats why i want people to go to me because of the care and attention i put into the car. If they wanted it done quick and streamlined they would go to the local detailer shop with $50 quick detail options. I want people to come t me to get there care ready for a car show for example. So if it takes me 5 hours to do the whole car for $150 thats fine with me.

Comment

Re: What do you include in your price?

Thats good info guys thanks and im still checking out your site mike, good stuff on there! Im starting to not care about how long it takes so much anymore and upping the expected time frame. I want it done right, i want people to be wowed im not trying to get it done as fast as possible. Thats why i want people to go to me because of the care and attention i put into the car. If they wanted it done quick and streamlined they would go to the local detailer shop with $50 quick detail options. I want people to come t me to get there care ready for a car show for example. So if it takes me 5 hours to do the whole car for $150 or $200 thats fine with me.

Comment

Be cautious when you think you don't mind how long it will take you as long as the quality of your work is there. You'll definitely be noticed and word will spread, but sooner than later you'll become swamped with clients, and you could become irritated with the work when it's typically something you enjoy. Decide on what you're worth and stick to it. Sometimes saying "no" to a job is the far better option. Pick and choose your clients. I'm going through this stage with my small shop. We started gaining traction very quickly and I realized there are a lot of folks who like to think that my base fees are the ending cost when the vehicles look as if they've had a small farm running around inside.

Always meet with a potential client and talk it over with them, take notes and learn what they are expecting and let them know what you expect.

Stand behind the quality of your work and charge accordingly!
            Everybody digs a nice clean car.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');