• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

+1 for Meguiar's Water Magnet drying towel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1 for Meguiar's Water Magnet drying towel

I came in here a while back, and folks recommended the Meguiar's Water Magnet drying towel (waffle style). I finally got mine a few days ago, and have just finished drying off my car. I can't believe how good this thing worked. It took up water like you wouldn't believe. I almost felt like a magician, waving a cloth over water and making it disappear. It was so much better than the chamois that I had worked with in years past. Many parts of the car only needed one swipe to get rid of the water. This thing did cost several dollars, but it will probably pay for itself after several washes, because I no longer will be using the "outdoor blow dryer" drive fast down a road method to dry the cars. If any of you are looking for a product to take water off a car, I'd strongly recommend this one.

Just a few months ago I was saying what u are. I couldn't believe I waited as long as I have to buy one. And now that I got one Im not giving it up!

Comment

Re: +1 for Meguiar's Water Magnet drying towel

Hmmm looks like I have something else to order. Just when I thought I was set on my Meguiar's collection lol
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        Hmmm looks like I have something else to order. Just when I thought I was set on my Meguiar's collection lol
        Michael, I gotta say the waffle pattern towel I got doesn't look too different from ones you can find cheaper at Target. I don't know how it compares, as this is my first waffle towel. But if you aren't real pleased with teh results of what you are using, then I'd absolutely recommend the Meguiar's version, that's for sure.

Comment

Of u don't own at least 1 of all products made by meguiars, then u will always have something to order. Tehe

Comment

Originally posted by prr View Post
            Michael, I gotta say the waffle pattern towel I got doesn't look too different from ones you can find cheaper at Target. I don't know how it compares, as this is my first waffle towel. But if you aren't real pleased with teh results of what you are using, then I'd absolutely recommend the Meguiar's version, that's for sure.
            I have few that are not Meguiar's but I am always looking to expand the collection.

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
            Of u don't own at least 1 of all products made by meguiars, then u will always have something to order. Tehe
            So true.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead0754 View Post
              Ha ha ha
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

They are good but just be careful......I have found them to scratch softer paint like that on my old Civic.

I try to use a drying aid from now on when drying aid to help prevent scratching.
                Tedrow's Detailing
                845-642-1698
                Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

How many gsm's is the Water Magnet?

Comment

I'm not sure but I don't think it really matters with drying towels.

Comment

I've read that the big blue waffle weave I use is 400 gsm's. I looked into buying a dozen waffle weave towels [I think they were either 12x12 or 16x16] for only $11.99 on the bay... But when I read the details it said they were 200 gsm's so I held off. I didn't want to end up with a dozen towels that wouldnt be as good or soft enough as my current 1.
                      I've been meaning on calling the Megs # and asking them about their Water Magnet. I'll post the details when I find out.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');