• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question on Velcro backing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on Velcro backing.

Question on a Velcro backing. Bought a variable speed rotary buffer as a starter. It came with a 7" vel cro backing. I purchased 2 microfiber bonnets (hook and loop? There the ones that slide on top). Question is can those be used on the Velcro or should I get another backing? It just seems the Microfiber bonnet is to thin to have Velcro behind it. I also bought a 5/8 arbor 8 inch foam pad for the buffer paid a little more for it. Are the foam pads able to stick to Velcro or are they hook and loop. The one I bought had the 5/8 arbor in it already but it was pricy.

Also any tips for a first time buffing would be great. Have rubbing compound polishing compound spray wax and bottle wax. Thanks!

Re: question on Velcro backing.

This article explains everything about backing plates:
    http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad-To-A-Buffer

I personally always match backing plate/buffing pad combos and stay with the same manufacturer.

Not all microfiber pads work well on rotary buffers. The machine is simply very powerful.
    If you don't have a previous experience with a rotary buffer, I would recommend that you practice this type of polishing first and get yourself familiar with this machine. Misuse can cause serious damage to your car paint.
    Dual action (D/A) polishers are safe and very user friendly. You can master your technique with this type of polisher very quickly and still be able to successfully remove most paint defects.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');