• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove salt stains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove salt stains

I know profession detailers usually use steamers to remove salt stain. I do not own a steamer, what is the best way to remove salt stains? Hot water and rub?

Re: Remove salt stains

On
    Carpet?
    Paint?
    Wheels?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

Sorry, I was not clear.
      I was asking how to remove the white salt stains on my interior carpet.

Comment

Do you have a 'wet-dry' vac? If so, use water and vac it up. It will take more than one 'application' to remove it all. Just keep at it. Using a product like "Folex" will help a great deal.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by BillE View Post
          Do you have a 'wet-dry' vac? If so, use water and vac it up. It will take more than one 'application' to remove it all. Just keep at it. Using a product like "Folex" will help a great deal.
          Bill
          Don't have a wet-dry vac but I have a lot of paper towels!!! I checked my local store and no Folex.

I found this in eHow:
          1. Mix 1 cup water and 1 cup vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray on salt stains. Let stand for 15 minutes.
          2. Press a clean towel on the stain. When towel becomes saturated, repeat with another dry towel. Allow stained area to dry.

Comment

Boiling water, a good scrub bush then your usual carpet cleaner/shampoo. Been doing that every spring for 15 years here in Montreal where we use more salt then most places.

Comment

Originally posted by jay2d2 View Post
              Boiling water, a good scrub bush then your usual carpet cleaner/shampoo. Been doing that every spring for 15 years here in Montreal where we use more salt then most places.
              This is what I usually do, hot water and rub with A few microfiber cloths.
              I was hoping there is some household products can "neutralize" the salt. Rubbing can be hard on the carpet and most of the salt would still remain in the carpet. Maybe vinegar/water will work.

Comment

I used carpet / upholstery cleaner for my carpets in the cars. I just spray let it set for alittle bit then scrub then vacuum. Others the salt stains out.
                Don't get caught riding dirty!

Comment

I thought the regular carpet cleaner would not the strength to remove such high concentration of salt.
                  I will go to Home Depot to see what they have.

Comment

Another idea, rent a small extractor. Ya don't need some big 'ol industrial model, just something that will draw out the water. Maybe even your local grocery store may have them for rent.

Using towels, etc will work, but the vac WILL make things all that much better.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by mis3 View Post
                      I know profession detailers usually use steamers to remove salt stain. I do not own a steamer, what is the best way to remove salt stains? Hot water and rub?
                      Vinegar and a white terry cloth towel. I spray the vinegar on the stain. Let sit for a moment and wipe off. Wala.. Good to go..

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');