• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey

So when i detail my cars I wash, clay if the paint feels rough, polish and wax.

My questions are, how is the crystal clear (pink) wash soap? Im looking for a basic soap with no extras in it. Since i always at least polish and wax i have no need for soaps with oils etc.

My next question, what is in Meguiars Ultimate Polish? It must be at least a little abrasive because i use it regularly for head light restoration and get astonishing results. I wow people all the time with this stuff...it literally makes the crappiest headlights look brand new with enough elbow grease and sometimes some 3000 grit sandpaper if its really bad. I use it before waxing...this polish and then a good wax make a killer mix...talk about shiny.

Next im wondering how the Ultimate Compound compares to the polish in terms of cutting. Can it be used by hand without make more swirl marks? I know some serious compounds can destroy the paint if not used properly. I have always stayed on the safe side and stuck with just polish. If my paint is that bad i usually wet sand 2000 - 3000 grit then polish and wax. However if im working on a customers car im not gonna spend 2 hours wet sanding.

Thank you very much in advance!

Re: Hey

My questions are, how is the crystal clear (pink) wash soap? Im looking for a basic soap with no extras in it. Since i always at least polish and wax i have no need for soaps with oils etc.
    Its ok... Gold Class is probably best, esp from Costco.

My next question, what is in Meguiars Ultimate Polish? It must be at least a little abrasive because i use it regularly for head light restoration and get astonishing results. I wow people all the time with this stuff...it literally makes the crappiest headlights look brand new with enough elbow grease and sometimes some 3000 grit sandpaper if its really bad. I use it before waxing...this polish and then a good wax make a killer mix...talk about shiny.
    It is a very mild product, but has the SMAT technology abrasives in it.

Next im wondering how the Ultimate Compound compares to the polish in terms of cutting. Can it be used by hand without make more swirl marks? I know some serious compounds can destroy the paint if not used properly. I have always stayed on the safe side and stuck with just polish. If my paint is that bad i usually wet sand 2000 - 3000 grit then polish and wax. However if im working on a customers car im not gonna spend 2 hours wet sanding.
    Well, removing sanding marks is one thing... but UC is a lot stronger than the Ult. Polish. Can easily be used by hand, though for defect removal, a machine would be best. Esp with a business...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Hey

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      Its ok... Gold Class is probably best, esp from Costco.

It is a very mild product, but has the SMAT technology abrasives in it.

Well, removing sanding marks is one thing... but UC is a lot stronger than the Ult. Polish. Can easily be used by hand, though for defect removal, a machine would be best. Esp with a business...
      I use a cheap 3500 rpm polisher for the polish simply to make the job quicker and not have to kill my arm. I wax by hand easy on easy off.

Comment

1st of all, welcome to MOL!
        As far as Ultimate Compound, you can use it by hand with good results and not have to worry about it leaving new swirls. It truly is unlike other compounds as can actually leave a polished like finish most people would be more than happy with. I've applied it by hand with a microfiber applicator and had great results. You should try it out.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');