• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC+ Alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC+ Alternative

OK, so with APC+ pretty much gone now ( at least gallons that i can find ) what is a good alternative? I was using it as a carpet cleaner and it worked great!! Regular APC just foams too much to use in an extractor. I was thinking Super Degreaser at 10:1 or so.....any thoughts?? I was using D102 as well and it works great, but it gets spendy when i use a full can per car. The new Pro Fiber Rinse looks promising but not at $50+ per gallon RTU!! Is the Protien Stain Remover going to work as well for a general cleaner?
    Mike Sommer
    FirehouseDetail.com
    Facebook.com/FirehouseMobileDetail

APC + is still available in 5 gallons. Check JB tools great price and low shipping .

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
    "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

I've seen a couple 1 gallon jugs for sale on eBay just yesterday.

Comment

Looking for an APC+ Alternative also. I tried regular APC from megs, and is pretty good but just too foamy. I also don't think it works any good on rims or tires. Really thinking about Trying Optimum APC but I can't do it cause I love an all Megs lineup.

Comment

Just an FYI, JB tools no longer carries it, I tried buying the 5 gallon and they told me it is now considered corrosive and they can't ship it - then they promptly removed it from their site (was a great deal though - $46 plus 6.99 shipping for a 5 gallon jug). I think eBay is our best bet for now. I've switched to the regular APC, but use steam instead of an extractor, so the foaming isn't an issue. I just hold back my 4:1 APC+ for the really bad stains so that it hopefully lasts longer.

I'd love more info on the new interior products and some pictures or first hand accounts of how they work and if it justifies that price for a RTU product.
          Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by vrodri16 View Post
            Looking for an APC+ Alternative also. I tried regular APC from megs, and is pretty good but just too foamy. I also don't think it works any good on rims or tires. Really thinking about Trying Optimum APC but I can't do it cause I love an all Megs lineup.
            the new tire and wheel cleaner (sorry can't remember the number) but the Detailer line one that came out last summer is awesome on tires and wheels and can be diluted down to your liking too. I also love using it on rubber floor mats - the best product I've ever found for cleaning those!
            Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Re: APC+ Alternative

really?
              you can still get APC!

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I actually LOVE the foaming on the regular APC. I like to use it on tires because it foams up a lot and as a carpet shampoo! I unfortunately never got to try APC+ but we still got a good alternative which is the normal APC

Comment

It foams up nicely on tire but does jack to remove previous dressings. I tested it again APC+, and Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner. The only one not to remove the Endurance Tire Gel entirely with agitation was Regular APC.

I will say that APC works wonders inside the house cleaning up my puppy Jack Russell's mishaps on the rug.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');