• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Compound=Wow factor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Compound=Wow factor

My brother came home with this big scratch on his bumper after bumping into a yellow post this afternoon.. He was pretty bummed out about it, but I told him to give me a min. because I might be able to help with it..

Comment

Regular people are always amazed at what just a little bit of UC on a microfiber towel can do to remove what seemed to be a huge scrape on their nice car. Lol.

Comment

Re: Ultimate Compound=Wow factor

Nice save. I'm sure your brother was excited. I would recommend to put some wax or sealant on it to protect that area.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Great work. Your bro owes you one!
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Yea he was pretty amazed at how fast it all came off. I sprayed some UQW to finish it off.
            I washed that car about a week ago to get a better feel of it's current condition. It shines so dang much I couldn't even attempt to look for swirls in direct sunlight! Lol. I've heard swirls are hard to spot on silver paint but that was ridiculous.
            One thing I am certain of is doesn't have any wax protection at all. No beading or sheeting action. That car is 1 of the main reasons I'm strongly considering purchasing M205 over UP as I feel it might not need a compound step. [I'm hoping to place my order tomorrow so everything I need shows up in 1 shipment b4 the weekend]
            A good claying, polish & wax should make it pop and help keep it that way for a while.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Definitely going to give the compound a try. I was worried at first to use it by hand but i realize now its not your traditional compound.

Comment

I did my whole car by hand with microfiber applicator pads 4 months ago and had good results. Try it.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');