• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aluminum rims stained!!!! NOOB IN NEED OF HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: aluminum rims stained!!!! NOOB IN NEED OF HELP!!

Originally posted by orc1014 View Post
    So i just bought the medium cut hopefully it dont mess up my rims i also bought the yellow wax. Ca i clean the medium cut by hand tho??
    Remember less aggressive method, don't just jump in and start rubbing hard and for a long period of time. And check often, and I know it takes time to take pics and work but this will be great for a post and a learning for you so you can go back for reference.

What do you mean clean medium cut by hand? watch how you type your words. If you mean use by hand, Yes. And go back and reread Michael stoops article again to hear what your reading! (sometimes I do this and it makes more since or I may have missed something.

Keep us posted, I'll be off here for an hour or so and if you run into trouble someone will help.
    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Originally posted by stang_krazy View Post
      Take a white terry cloth rag/towel and some metal polishe and work it in real good, if your rag/towel turns black your working on bare metal if not clear coat
      Good advice. If they are indeed bare aluminum try a metal polish and see if that works. I'm going to assume you have the medium cut metal polish. I would have gotten the fine cut polish an use that first. If that doesn't work then step up to the medium cut and finish with the fine cut. If medium cut doesn't work then you can go with heavy cut.

I would not wet sand if you have never done it before.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

If your sure they are bare aluminum then you need to polish the heck out of them.
        If you want them perfect then you'll need all three metal polishes, heavy, medium and fine.
        Here's a write up I did on my hammered rims.
        http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?59242-Aluminum-Rims-Restored-and-Protected&highlight=aluminum+rims+polished

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Detailing by M View Post
          Here's a write up I did on my hammered rims.
          http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?59242-Aluminum-Rims-Restored-and-Protected&highlight=aluminum+rims+polished
          Not a clickable link and can't find your post, would like to check it out!
          ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
          You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
          Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Moved this over to Detailing 101 for added exposure

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');