• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys do with your detailing products in the winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you guys do with your detailing products in the winter

25 degree's this morning! Think I'll go .

You gota have fun!
    ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
    You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
    Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Originally posted by Kbuzbee View Post
      Yesh, or maybe The Dukes of Hazard "Take Off!"
      Ken
      Ah, I can see it now...Bob and Doug McKenzie meet Luke and Bo, and in the first episode they plant a 440 Magnum on a John Deere snow blower.

Just remember come July, August and we're all gripping about how hot it is...let us NOT forget this week...LOL!

Bill

Comment

I put mine in boxes and take to the basement.

Comment

I don't do anything with my detailing supplies. Fortunately, I have a heated garage so have no worries about anything freezing in the garage.

Comment

I received a package of detailing goodies from another manufacturer on Tuesday. The package was left on my front porch all day till I got home from work and all products were frozen solid.

I moved most of my detailing products into my basement prior to the deep freeze. My basement is attached to my garage so it was quick and painless.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
            "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Originally posted by Meticulous-Detail View Post
              I received a package of detailing goodies from another manufacturer on Tuesday. The package was left on my front porch all day till I got home from work and all products were frozen solid.

I moved most of my detailing products into my basement prior to the deep freeze. My basement is attached to my garage so it was quick and painless.
              Hate to hear that! Next time you order any detailing supplies just ask the sellers to make sure a signature is required on products and that way the UPS or FED EX can not leave products just setting outside in weather. But it could also go into their system as every package requires a signature or they wont leave. Sometimes you can talk to them and have them leave with a nieghbor or another address,or see if when they leave a label on your door that you can get their number and call to go met them so you can get your stuff. but again you have to get a good relationship with your guy.

Also read this awhile back, Michael Stoops wrote about the same thing when products freeze's.

Typical shelf life for our products is 3 to 5 years, as long as they are not exposed to prolonged temperature extremes. One good, solid freeze will usually ruin them, especially the "lotion" consistency products like liquid waxes, paint cleaners, compounds and polishes. If a product is separated into a watery component and a thicker component and will not mix back together with vigorous shaking, then the product is shot. Similarly, if it pours out in a lumpy consistency, almost like cottage cheese, that's also an indication that it's gone bad. Prolonged exposure to very high temps, like sitting in the trunk of the car in the Southwest during a hot summer, will also ruin a lotion like product.

When stored at room temperature, however, many of these products can last many, many years. We have some old polishes in glass bottles around the office here that must date back well over 50 years and in many cases the product in them is still perfectly serviceable.

Michael Stoops
              ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
              You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
              Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Store them in a safe temperature stable area, cost to much to replace it all. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');